Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2006, 08:29 PM

Default Re: This application is possible, but it is gona get banned?

[ QUOTE ]
I also at the same time can probably make a much better version of the 'blinder' utility. With options such as having an alarm if you drop below X BBs (but I will do this after...).

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be very cool - maybe optionally with auto-rebuy when stack size < xBB (then I wouldn't have to buy in for rediculous amounts in fear of beeing all-in when I finally get quads [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) and a warning message when bankroll < x$ (should be easy to read bankroll size from the buy-in window, no?).
Old 02-12-2006, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That would be very cool - maybe optionally with auto-rebuy when stack size < xBB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this should be quite easy, but I gona keep this separate from AutoResizer just in case party get funny about it... Both will always be free utils, but I would be sad to see AutoResizer features get banned just because they were linked... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
and a warning message when bankroll < x$ (should be easy to read bankroll size from the buy-in window, no?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this quite easy too. I think this needs adding to the AutoResizer code too, as somebody noticed it gives you the "Insufficient Funds" window repeatedly if trying to use auto-buyin option you haven't enough to buy in (this is on my fixlist [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], just not much time yet - the $ -> BB code is actually very easy and quick to do...).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2006, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. Stack sizes (if this makes any difference or is useful? [maybe for SNGs?]).

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be EXTREMELY useful if I could instantly know my own stack as well as my opponents' in terms of BBs at the current blind level. (The current blind level is displayed in a label on the bottom left of the table window. I'm sure you can grab it the same way you grab from the title bar). This, in fact, is the only feature I (an SNG player) would really need.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:40 PM

Ok, I will look into this, as it won't be any harder to read this value than the value from the title bar.

The only hard bit is working out which number is stack size, pot size(s) and bet sizes; but if I divide ALL by a number I can easily find on the window then this keeps the initial app simple. Later I will try to customize it and allow each to be independently switched on/off. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2006, 11:41 PM

If you need a website to host this software after you complete it, ask Mogobu the Fool at Overcards.com.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:34 AM

Yes, my free host can a bit shaky sometimes, so definitely a more permanent home would be great. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hopefully when get more time then alot of AutoResizer concepts can go into Mogobu's PartyPlanner, but I think the $->BB idea gota be separated from all other projects so it can be dumped if party get mad about it...

Old 02-13-2006, 12:50 AM

Here a quick screenshot of the test app in action:

Again, it still just working out $x10 rather than really BB, but will be very easy to get the blind levels and do the division...

Late here now, but promise I will look into this more as soon as I get time... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: I think adding the BB to the end of all amounts might be overkill? Any ideas? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2006, 02:24 AM

Yes, strip the BB from it. Just removing the "$" is sufficient to distinguish, and the BB is visually taxing, IMHO. Mind you, I don't actually want this mod, but have done a lot of mod-tuning and interface work and think it will look cleaner without it to the bleary-eyed watching their 6 tables for 8 hours a day.

And I can host if you want. My provider's servers are sometimes slow, but they've always been there.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Especially if you could actually get it so your actual pot odds are calculated with each bet before it gets to you. If not, this is a great as is.