Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2006, 10:57 AM

Default Re: How much money do you have bet on American Idol?

[ QUOTE ]
wow, i am surprised to see some players have bet more than more than $500 on AI, $50 I can see for fun, $500 on a horse race i am not too sure about

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were a horse race I'd fully agree with you.
Last year (my first) I bet about 400-500 I think. I broke even by season end but learned a lot and waited all year for the begining of the new season as I knew there was free money out there.
So I started this season with $2,000 in vested, have since withdrawn my 2,000 and am now on a $900 freeroll

....so..Yes, for fun invest $50.......if you want to make money invest more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, i am surprised to see some players have bet more than more than $500 on AI, $50 I can see for fun, $500 on a horse race i am not too sure about

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were a horse race I'd fully agree with you.
Last year (my first) I bet about 400-500 I think. I broke even by season end but learned a lot and waited all year for the begining of the new season as I knew there was free money out there.
So I started this season with $2,000 in vested, have since withdrawn my 2,000 and am now on a $900 freeroll

....so..Yes, for fun invest $50.......if you want to make money invest more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you.. This was my first year investing and I didn't fully understand everything going in. I made some stupid moves early and paid for it. I am hoping to break even this year and cash in next year.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in regards to the wsex futures market I cant possibly comprehend losing money on this in any way shape or form.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I loaded up heavily on Ace, Paris, Kellie and most of the losers thus far when the betting started and so far I'm getting hammered. If I could cash out all my positions now in order to be refunded my initial stake I'd take it in a heartbeat.

FWIW I also have a bunch of Taylors, and Mandisa but I have ZERO Chris or Katherines. I'm very quickly beginning to comprehend how one loses money on WSEX.