Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2006, 02:41 AM

Default Well I quit... (Long, LC)

Cliff notes: Just because you run 2.7bb/100 over 67,000 hands doesn't mean you are a winning player

Nice knowing you guys etc. I just ran -12bb/100 over a few hundred hands for the like 20th time this month. My bankroll and patience is shot is shot ($900).

I'm terrible at poker. Despite making a few thousand at it this year, I can no longer beat the games.

I've been losing since feb 12. About 46,000 hands. I'm just sick of this. I totally lost confidence in my game. Everything I do feels wrong.

This especially sucks because I've dedicated the last 6 months of my life to learning poker, and now have pretty much no life and nothing to do, nor do I have money to spend to do anything, as the money I made was spent paying bills. This situation really sucks, but I don't see anything else to do. I can't beat the game, even microlimits.

I wholeheartedly believe at this point that the 70,000 hands of profitable poker I played before this was purely a fluke, and I'm in the .0000001% who run good for that long but are actually losing players.

I totally realize that the 6-max stats I posted mean NOTHING, they are just here for completeness of hands played since february 12. Running .45bb/100 over 43,000 hands is strictly unacceptable, especially compared to what I used to, and how good I thought I was. When I'm playing the game for income and to support myself, having multiple months where I gross $100 or so despite playing 10s of thousands of hands is just stupid.

I understand that playing 2/4 for income is stupid, but I'm a pretty low maintenance person, still in college etc. So I don't need much to survive. But 2/4 should be beatable for 2+bb/100, not .45bb/100 after beating it for 2 for a period of time.

Not much point in playing poker if you don't make money doing it. It's certainly not fun to sit around and click buttons on a screen for hours at a time and have nothing to show for that. If I wanted to do that, I'd go play first person shooters, which are actually remotely fun
--------
After:

----------------
March Specifically

--------
Before:

Time to find something else to occupy the 20ish hours a week I dedicated to the game, with no money to spend [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. School is easy this semester, so there's not much point dedicating more time to studies, since I've got an A in all of my classes this semester. I don't know what else to do.

All well, nice knowing you guys.

Flame away!