Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 08:37 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin apologizes

[ QUOTE ]
He is the biggest cheat to get caught (that we know of). He is the scum of online poker that we all fear. His actions give us all as poker players a bad name.

Yet, people still continue to blow the guy? UN-FREAKIN-REAL!

[/ QUOTE ]

NH sir
Old 03-29-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.zeejustin.com/journal.php?journal_id=81

Check it out. I think hes sincere.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry.

he is still trying to justify some of his actions, and still comes off like a scumbag.

he may be forgiven by many, but never by me.

I don’t think Party handled the situation as well as they could have. The money taken from me was won legitimately, almost entirely from sit’n’gos. None of the other accounts I used had any big tournament scores; in fact, they lost money overall in the few tournaments that they entered. Party has a zero tolerance policy which in my opinion is unfair. If I had only double entered a single $10 tournament, by the same policy, that would be grounds for them to confiscate $100,000 from me which seems unreasonable. The punishment was arbitrary, and no investigation was done to determine a reasonable adjustment. I feel like the amount of my punishment has been determined by what was in my account, rather than by what a thorough investigation would have determined.

i was also left with the impression that if JJProdigy was never caught, and then him, they would still be doing it.

ZJ is scum.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little harsh, I think, Granny. I agree that ZJ is still far from the point where he totally "gets it". But there are portions of this apology that have the ring of sincerity and indicate that he does, to some degree, see the light.

What he did was scummy. What he is, and what he becomes has yet to be determined and really lies in his own hands. He is a young man who has stained his name and his honor. He will need to spend the rest of his time attempting to regain both - how hard he tries and how well he succeeds will tell us whether he is scum. For myself, I don't begrudge him the opportunity to try to redeem himself.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Always there was something about ZeeJustin that rubbed me the wrong way and even more so after this whole episode. The cockiness was just a bit over the top for my liking.

That being said, kudos for ZeeJustin for standing up and being a man. He seemed sincere in his apology and respect him for that.

Maybe I misunderstood his character previously, but for one I am willing to forgive.

[/ QUOTE ]

What appology? He tries to justify much of it and minimize the rest. Pure BS. I'm sure this is not the last you've heard from him in a negative sense.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:05 PM

He's FOS, if he came out and said "Yeah, I cheated and I knew it, I was just greedy and got stupid" I'd be much more inclined to consider giving him a break and write it off as a kid making a huge mistake (although obviously he'd be tainted forever in my book)...I don't buy the "Oh I didn't realize it was unethical" argument for a second, he's a cheat and he's NOT sorry.

J
Old 03-29-2006, 09:22 PM

Is it me or does this guy look like Reese from "Malcolm in the Middle?"
http://www.zeejustin.com/img/justin-bonomo-photo.jpg

I see a little double standard here. If some old school poker player pulled a stunt like this, they'd call him an "angle shooter" and let him off with a slap on the wrist. Maybe he'd even get to be a regular guest on "The Tonight Show."

People like this are the reason poker rooms were an endangered species in Las Vegas just a few years ago.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.zeejustin.com/journal.php?journal_id=81

Check it out. I think hes sincere.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry.

he is still trying to justify some of his actions, and still comes off like a scumbag.

he may be forgiven by many, but never by me.

I don’t think Party handled the situation as well as they could have. The money taken from me was won legitimately, almost entirely from sit’n’gos. None of the other accounts I used had any big tournament scores; in fact, they lost money overall in the few tournaments that they entered. Party has a zero tolerance policy which in my opinion is unfair. If I had only double entered a single $10 tournament, by the same policy, that would be grounds for them to confiscate $100,000 from me which seems unreasonable. The punishment was arbitrary, and no investigation was done to determine a reasonable adjustment. I feel like the amount of my punishment has been determined by what was in my account, rather than by what a thorough investigation would have determined.

i was also left with the impression that if JJProdigy was never caught, and then him, they would still be doing it.

ZJ is scum.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are so transparent.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two words.

spin

control

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I think ZJ decided to release a statement in an effort to appear to be apologetic. Not unlike any other blanket statement of remorse from someone caught doing something wrong.

The only thing he regrets about the situation is that his nefarious ways were detected and punished.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:57 PM

One mistake? Just how much did he steal from other players over how long? And then he bragged about his accomplishments while cheating?

The price of this "mistake" is permanent exclusion from the poker world. ZeeJustin is done. What he does with the rest of his life is of no interest to this website.

And he didn't realize the price of stealing is the confiscation of all his funds? But he's still quibbling? And he justifies this by saying other people do it? What an utter scumbag. He should just disappear.

The only good thing that came out of this is that the poker sites caught him.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we all sin and Im STARTING to forgive

[/ QUOTE ]I wish I knew how to quit you.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see a little double standard here. If some old school poker player pulled a stunt like this, they'd call him an "angle shooter" and let him off with a slap on the wrist. Maybe he'd even get to be a regular guest on "The Tonight Show."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, did you see that Anything to Win episode about Amarillo Slim? He basically looked into the camera and bragged about 3 people that had died in an ominous way after they ripped him off and it was presented very matter of factly. Poker and gambling will always have a seedy underbelly. That's part of the attraction.