Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Re: I Screwed Up

" If the goal was collusion, I would have multi-entered smaller tournaments like sit’n’gos. This is something that I have never done."

This is nice, considering that as I understand it, you couldn't have entered the sng with multiple accounts anyway.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post, but I have a really hard time buying

"I unfortunately did not realize that what I was doing was unethical."

I expect others will take the same issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored]! How dumb do you have to be? You knew it was wrong and still did it, got caught, and still insist you didnt know it was wrong! LIAR! I hope you get cancer.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 PM

Justin,

Yeah, you messed up. Yes, I agree with you that Party's line of judgement is not a good one. However, I think it's good that you've probably learned from the entire experience as compared to your first knee-jerk post, one that most people would have probably made as well.

Dids, I think that Justin probably knew what he was doing was against tournament policies, but I do buy his argument that he states that he did not know/feel it was unethical.

Good luck.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
" If the goal was collusion, I would have multi-entered smaller tournaments like sit’n’gos. This is something that I have never done."

This is nice, considering that as I understand it, you couldn't have entered the sng with multiple accounts anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus dids, calm down.

people that act like jerks when other people try to apologize are among the worst people i know.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don’t think Party handled the situation as well as they could have. The money taken from me was won legitimately, almost entirely from sit’n’gos. None of the other accounts I used had any big tournament scores; in fact, they lost money overall in the few tournaments that they entered. Party has a zero tolerance policy which in my opinion is unfair. If I had only double entered a single $10 tournament, by the same policy, that would be grounds for them to confiscate $100,000 from me which seems unreasonable. The punishment was arbitrary, and no investigation was done to determine a reasonable adjustment. I feel like the amount of my punishment has been determined by what was in my account, rather than by what a thorough investigation would have determined.

[/ QUOTE ]

consider it an administrative fee for their efforts in investigating this situation.

What you propose is that they only go after the money you won that went against their terms of service.

By doing this, the cheaters aren't punished at all, since they risk nothing except the money they stole.

If I could rob a bank and the only punishment if I'm caught was to have to give the money I took back, and nothing else on top of that (fines, jail time, etc.) why would I NOT rob a bank.

Nice try Justin, but I don't buy it.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. There are plenty of ways around it. The fact that Justin didn't pursue them (and they are not difficult) is a testament to his character.

Think about it: Justin made no effort to hide the fact that he was playing with multiple accounts in the same MTT. If Justin thought that this was going to lead to the punishment he received, then he would have taken steps to prevent it. Regardless of what many of you think, Justin is a smart kid, and I can personally attest to that fact.

The long and short of it is this: Justin was ignorant (however willingly or unwillingly) of the fact that doing this kind of thing would lead to all of his funds being seized. Had he known that such a result was possible, he would have simply taken the few extra steps required to cover his tracks, which would largely be unethical, OR he wouldn't have done it at all.

Edited for clarity.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:55 PM

"Dids, I think that Justin probably knew what he was doing was against tournament policies, but I do buy his argument that he states that he did not know/feel it was unethical."

I'm not sure I believe these two statements really work together. If you know you're breaking the rules, you know you're doing something unethical. (this isn't a rule like say "rakeback" which is in place for financial reasons, this rule is in place for gameplay reasons).
Old 03-29-2006, 05:56 PM

Just look at this as one of lifes lessons. YOU F'ed UP...move on! you are young, smart KID...

I know you took alot of crap the past month and it upset me for an intellegent kid like you to justify your actions on your "what really happened post" but it takes a bigger man to apologize for your actions.

GL
Old 03-29-2006, 05:56 PM

This apology comes across as heartfelt and genuine. Regaining your BR will be easy, regaining your reputation will be the hard part. Hopefully if people see you as contrite and apologetic, the forgiveness will come sooner rather than later.

If there's one thing that online poker players can thank you for, it's for posing as a warning to other potential multi-accounters out there. Hopefully others will learn from your mistake.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Dids, I think that Justin probably knew what he was doing was against tournament policies, but I do buy his argument that he states that he did not know/feel it was unethical."

I'm not sure I believe these two statements really work together. If you know you're breaking the rules, you know you're doing something unethical. (this isn't a rule like say "rakeback" which is in place for financial reasons, this rule is in place for gameplay reasons).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not necessarily true. There are plenty of rules that exist in the world today that are not ethical. Breaking them does not constitute unethical behavior.

Regardless, it is my opinion that ethics lay within the individual, not the masses. Justin says that "he didn't know what he was doing was unethical," but what he really means is that "I don't feel what I was doing was unethical." And personally, I agree.