Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Re: 10/20NL Open-ended Flush Draw

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say pot is 5K and you have 100 left. You have OESFD on flop and he has overpair. You push for 100. Do you want him to call or fold? Who is favorite?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the favorite but you'd like to win the pot uncontested.

EDIT: You want him to fold because if he calls then you have to get there, even though you will more times than not. He's making a huge mistake by folding given his odds and that's what you want.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:25 PM

Obviously, but thanks. I was rhetorically replying to this post by Denutz:

"Why do you want him to fold if you're a favorite in the hand? Using my "basic" math skills I generally like to get as much money in the middle as possible when I'm a favorite. Is there something I'm missing?"
Old 03-29-2006, 05:38 PM

Yes, there is.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say pot is 5K and you have 100 left. You have OESFD on flop and he has overpair. You push for 100. Do you want him to call or fold? Who is favorite?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 03-29-2006, 05:45 PM

GIven that you called preflop, your opponent's hand range should be pretty wide. If it's not then your call is not very good whether you want to talk about it or not. So under that assumption, he should have nothing enough of the time to just shove the draw rather than try to peel. If you think AI is transparent as a draw, then just bet an amount that makes him go allin or fold.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GIven that you called preflop, your opponent's hand range should be pretty wide. If it's not then your call is not very good whether you want to talk about it or not. So under that assumption, he should have nothing enough of the time to just shove the draw rather than try to peel. If you think AI is transparent as a draw, then just bet an amount that makes him go allin or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that. I was not asking how much I should bet here given what we actually know, but given the hypothetical that he has AA.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that. I was not asking how much I should bet here given what we actually know, but given the hypothetical that he has AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, my bad. in that case, he has 1700ish left and pot is 700 i would bet 610, enough for him to consider folding esp if he knows you view him as tight. he will rarely just call here but if he does you can check behind on the turn and have +EV doing so. if he shoves well you got in as a fav. the only play that could mess you up is if he calls and stop and goes only turns that you miss, but i doubt that happens ever.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent.

The only difference i would have is that i shove every time on flop, less thinking for me to do.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:58 AM

I think calling is what the villain will be doing most frequently, hence i dont like the psb.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling is what the villain will be doing most frequently, hence i dont like the psb.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he play black aces like this? i dont get it. he's gonna call half his stack on the flop with no plan on the turn? I doubt he is sophisticated to stop and go turn. I think calling is the least likely.