Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Lee Jones Reiterates his policy on cheating; BOYCOTT STARS

[ QUOTE ]
Can we have some posts from people that aren't down on Stars? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gun to head. Bye everyone.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what ActionJeff says is kind of ridiculous. He "knows" that players timing? C'mon, how does he know that it wasn't another player (the same one who played it this time as well) using the account those other times also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use those same types of tells extensively and they tend to be very accurate, so either that other guy uses the account 99% of the time (except when exclusive played it just once) or we can use Occam's Razor and say it's a gnome. The shoe fits.

[/ QUOTE ]

A timing tell, is no tell at all. Your not even talking about a bluff/nutz type of tell. Your talking about what player is actually playing an account based on pauses. Aren't there going to be literally THOUSANDS of players that have the 3 second pause. Thousands of players that have the 5 second pause. Thousands of more that have inconsistent pauses because they are multi-tabling. If they were cheating, I sure hope they get caught, but if we start to use something as small as pauses before acting as reason to hang someone, then we are no better than them.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:04 PM

I actually kind of feel for Stars here. What can they do really? This looks shady, but they need proof. I would much rather 10 cheaters get to keep their money than one innocent getting his money taken away. The one player to a hand rule in online poker is completly and utterly uninforcable, but maybe we should keep that a secret. Lose/lose situation for Stars.

On the flipside, if all it takes for multiaccounting to be permitted is to say it was your roommate instead of grandma...yikes.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A timing tell, is no tell at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could this timing tell be more indicative of their playing from the same network "location" relative to your perception?
Old 03-27-2006, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could this timing tell be more indicative of their playing from the same network "location" relative to your perception?

[/ QUOTE ]

????? LOL

This is quite funny, so I'm a cheater now?

I have been one of the most outspoken against cheating since the JJ thing came up. Also, if I cheat I must be pretty lousy at it, since I mostly play micro-buyins. LOL.

If i misunderstood your post, I apologize.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

????? LOL

I have been one of the most outspoken against cheating since the JJ thing came up. Also, if I cheat I must be pretty lousy at it, since I mostly play micro-buyins. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

you misunderstood his post. He was suggesting that the timing was because they're both from amsterdam and that leads to the same amount of lag. That's not gonna be significant enough to affect it, but I also am pretty skeptical of jeff's 'tell'. There's a lot of bias that could lead to such an interpretation (I'm not calling jeff a liar, just that he could very easily have convinced himself that it was noah due to bias. Then again, it could also very easily be noah). Stars did fine here imo.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

????? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

you misunderstood his post. He was suggesting that the timing was because they're both from amsterdam and that leads to the same amount of lag. That's not gonna be significant enough to affect it, but I also am pretty skeptical of jeff's 'tell'. There's a lot of bias that could lead to such an interpretation (I'm not calling jeff a liar, just that he could very easily have convinced himself that it was noah due to bias. Then again, it could also very easily be noah). Stars did fine here imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have misunderstood, but he said "relative to YOUR perception".
Old 03-27-2006, 01:23 PM

I actually have no idea how you made the connection you did rockin.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:24 PM

No, definitely not accusing you. The previous replier got it right. What I meant is that from your perspective relative to the PokerStars server controlling the tournament, the time between actions from players at the same network location would seem consistent to you.

Sorry for any confusion.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:26 PM

Okay, okay, I'm a schmuck. sorry for the confusion, mistook the "your" part of your post. Carry on.