Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Who is Next/Exclusive?

On 2 dif. computers, so nothing can or will be done.

No point in making a rule that is not enforcable.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah... if it's impossible to prove who was playing.. then oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not impossible, there are ways to do it if Stars really wanted it, they could have the means to do it. I won't tell how because I don't want to alert the cheaters, but Stars should have the means to do this.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:04 AM

Of course Stars can find out whether they played on different computers or not and I am sure they did.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lee Jones actually stated in chat who "Who is Next" is, meaning he threw out a name. It was something like Roger Daltry, but I don't think that was it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And I don't have the chat transcript.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before anyone gets a chance to tell me that I'm a ding dong for posting this, trust me when I say I've already told myself. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2006, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course Stars can find out whether they played on different computers or not and I am sure they did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about finding out if the same person was the one playing in the 2 different computers (or ISPs for that matter)
Old 03-27-2006, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm talking about finding out if the same person was the one playing in the 2 different computers (or ISPs for that matter)

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean something like play pattern or even clicks pattern? I doubt it's reliable enough.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:57 AM

noah plays on whoisnext on UB. The account on stars isnt his, and he wasnt playing on it today... he might play on it at times; but i doubt hes stupid enough to multi-account after what happened in the last month. People like to make dumb accusations... fwiw i'm pretty sure if he was gonna put 2 accounts into a tourny he wouldnt make it 2 accounts which are well known to be his. Cmon............ stop looking for witch hunts
Old 03-27-2006, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah... if it's impossible to prove who was playing.. then oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not impossible, there are ways to do it if Stars really wanted it, they could have the means to do it. I won't tell how because I don't want to alert the cheaters, but Stars should have the means to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would scare me if they started trying to do this. It seems way too possible they could wrongly accuse people. What if party looks at the january 8 tourny. Probably 100 people played from the same ip address in that sunday tourny (just a random guess but i'd assume its close to 100)- seems a little fishy right? Seems like the kind of thing where people could be cheating. Maybe they should close every1s account...

Actually there were a bunch of online players in atlantis for the PCA (and they only have internet in some places). Likewise im sure that people play from the same hotels in vegas... etc. Witchhunts are bad enough if theyr run by the US government, let alone if theyr run by some overseas companies, and remember this is coming from some1 who has an insanely high amount of faith in these aformentioned overseas companies.

-durrrr
Old 03-27-2006, 11:10 AM

Maybe I'm naive, or maybe this has been discussed before, but please allow me to ask this question.

When playing online, why aren't REAL names used?

After all, when playing in a brick & mortar game, no one can hide their real identity.

Wouldn't this make online poker more like brick & mortar poker?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:12 AM

This isn't real poker, it's online poker. There is no reason for online poker to entirely emulate b&m. Part of the attraction is the anonymity. No one should be forced to announce their real name over the internet.