Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Re: hand w/ raillery, bet turn?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, since we are WA/WB. We're getting punished by him when he's ahead (either 3-bet flop or c/r turn), but earning a bet when he does this with AK. We can also decide if he's serious about his hand on the turn. I kind of wonder how this jives with the FTOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking on the flop he could still hold TT, JJ, AK, and AQs maybe AJs, so I felt those hands were reason enough to raise with. When he called the flop and checked the turn I was sure he either had TT, AK, or had me crushed. JJ just got there, I think AJs would have 3bet the flop. So I put him on AA, KK, QQ, or JJ, maybe another AQ. so I was way behind. I still think a bet maybe best on the turn, but I probably have to fold to the check/raise.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was thinking on the flop he could still hold TT, JJ, AK, and AQs maybe AJs, so I felt those hands were reason enough to raise with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want to raise the flop against these hands?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:54 PM

Why is AJs 3-betting that flop? Also, I can only see b/c with TT,JJ if he plans on trying to fold you on a turn c/r UI.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want to raise the flop against these hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

your right, I guess it is more a wa/wb.

edit: I think it is a wa/wb line sort of, I think I still had enough value in betting the turn, but the check raise sure made it seem I was behind. Maybe the way I played it wasn't too bad. I think he could still hold some hands on the turn that made a bet correct. I think this is just a case of me over thinking this hand.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:07 PM

I check turn and call rallery's river bet. The only hand you're beating here is AK/TT/99. And you're tying w/ AQ. The problem with betting here is you hate getting c/r since it gives you a difficult decision. Honestly, I don't like raising the flop and I'd probably call down in a wa/wb situation.