Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Ask me about Cingular Wireless

Hell, looking at Cingulars site...I might just get the Sony Ericsson Z520a. It has a camera and bluetooth... Any opinons on that phone? And it would be free.

If I can get the 600i for a 100 bucks or less I guess Ill get that. If not I will get teh Sony Ericsson Z520a. Unless you think I shouldn't
Old 03-25-2006, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is the Cingular PTT working out. I have Nextel but would consider switching to Cingular if the PTT is decent. (and how much does it add to your plan cost wise)?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing about PTT is that you can only use Push to Talk with Cingular customers only, and on Cingular, almost all rate plans include unlimited mobile to mobile, almost defeating the purpose of push to talk. And you need a Push To Talk ready phone, right now we only offer 3 phones? LGF7200, LG C300 or w/e and Samsung D307.

Individual PTT is $9.99 per month. Family PTT is $19.99 per month and that covers all lines of service.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, looking at Cingulars site...I might just get the Sony Ericsson Z520a. It has a camera and bluetooth... Any opinons on that phone? And it would be free.

If I can get the 600i for a 100 bucks or less I guess Ill get that. If not I will get teh Sony Ericsson Z520a. Unless you think I shouldn't

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you cannot go wrong with the Z520a, but I would definately spend the extra 50-100 bucks to get a Sony Ericsson W600I instead. It's much nicer visually, has MP3 capabilities (not necessary, but a bonus), comes with two faceplates (orange and blue), and has a gorgeous camera. And when you use the camera function, you can handle it, and take pictures as if you had a "real" camera.

Completely up to you, but you will likely have this phone for 2 years, might as well get something COOL!
Old 03-25-2006, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

IMO you cannot go wrong with the Z520a, but I would definately spend the extra 50-100 bucks to get a Sony Ericsson W600I instead. It's much nicer visually, has MP3 capabilities (not necessary, but a bonus), comes with two faceplates (orange and blue), and has a gorgeous camera. And when you use the camera function, you can handle it, and take pictures as if you had a "real" camera.

Completely up to you, but you will likely have this phone for 2 years, might as well get something COOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im just sad the 600i isnt a flip phone [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. So if i get a 2 year plan I can never go into a cingular store and buy a new phone and put my sim card in it? What if i bought an unlocked phone on ebay and used my SIM card in that?
Old 03-25-2006, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im just sad the 600i isnt a flip phone . So if i get a 2 year plan I can never go into a cingular store and buy a new phone and put my sim card in it? What if i bought an unlocked phone on ebay and used my SIM card in that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get a 2 year plan, your future eligibility date for a discounted phone upgrade will be 21 months from when you start service. If you get an unlocked phone or Cingular phone from ebay, you can put your SIM card in the phone and it will work.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:03 AM

I have Sprint. Should I cancel and get with Cingular?
Old 03-25-2006, 06:06 AM

OK, thanks for the help. I'll swing by a Cingular store tomorrow before work. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2006, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have Sprint. Should I cancel and get with Cingular?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm unfamiliar with Sprint plans, but I'm pretty sure Sprint is still on CDMA technology as opposed to GSM (Cingular and T-Mobile only methinks?) The benefits to GSM? Well, you have a wider selection of phones through Cingular stores, Online Cingular store, or unlocked phones through ebay. The phone selection alone is worth it to go with a GSM carrier such as Cingular or T-Mobile
Old 03-25-2006, 06:07 AM

Ah, one final question. Will I just need to pay for the phone and activation or will I have to go through credit checks and all that other BS to get my own plan? I'm 21 if it matters and work approx 40 hours per week.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, thanks for the help. I'll swing by a Cingular store tomorrow before work. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Word yo, and depending on your job you may be eligible for a business discount on your phone. Check in with your workplace and find out if you get a discounted price on Cingular service. If you do, and have to call customer service, you may get me! =O

Caveat emptor, the Cingular store reps are SHADY! Your agreement does not cover anything in terms of your rate plan or features on your account. The terms of use basically says: "I will pay my bill every month." And we say "Ok, well we will give you service."

Sometimes store reps will throw unwanted features on your account to get a better commission. With all new accounts, you are automatically setup with Roadside Assistance $2.99 per month, and Voice Dial, $4.99 per month. So after you sign up, clarify with them that you do not want those features. They will tell you, "But they're free for the first month, just call us to cancel and we will cancel....." Or give us a call and we will go over the features on your new account