Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2006, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Chapter 1... Who created evil?

Hi,
Please don't delete your post as I'm replying to it. That's frustrating [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. If you deleted it to remove your nasty comments regarding my understanding of physics, then I happily withdraw my nasty comments in the above post. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2006, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
Please don't delete your post as I'm replying to it. That's frustrating [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. If you deleted it to remove your nasty comments regarding my understanding of physics, then I happily withdraw my nasty comments in the above post. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I deleted my post because there is nothing to be gained from arguing any further and there is enough animosity in the world already--there is no need for me to contribute to it.

Good luck with your physics studies.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:53 AM

I agree and I deleted mine as well. Thanks, and have a good one.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:04 AM

The senses *can be* deceiving, but aren't always. Even Descartes would agree with this.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:01 AM

how do you know the sense arent always deceiving?
Old 03-21-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets assume premises from The Bible/ Christian religion are true:
a. God created everything
b. God is all good

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any logical proof of this? One, god does not like how the persons he gave free will to behave, so he murders them. (numerous examples in the bible.) Two, god does not like your beliefs, so he tortures you for eternity, or a long time. (hell (or purgatory for the Catholics)) Three, one person doubts, so god shows him proof, the case of the doubting Thomas, yet for the rest of us, we get no proof and will be tortured forever (or temporarily). (Inequality and injustice). Four, god has a friendly bet with a beer buddy, and for kicks, ruins poor Job's life. Five, god instructs us to murder persons who behave in ways he does not like, i.e., stoning homosexuals.

None of these sound like the attributes of "good" person to me. So how is god good, other than the bible says he is good. Because the evidence conflicts this, if the bible is true. Rather, it sounds to me like the bible's authors are sycophanting in hopes of avoiding an "evil" god's rage, much like those aroung a ruthless tyrant have nothing but flattery.

Of course, maybe since the birth of Jesus, God changed his act and became "good." This is false. Jesus will be present for the apocalypse, and if the prophecy's are true, God once again intends to inflict numerous hardships on innocent people in order to test their loyalty, i.e., become martyrs, or go to hell. God is "good", what a freakin' joke.

Second point. The premise that man has free will is false. If persons can be possessed by demons, they surely do not have free will.

Third point. God did not endow man with free will. When he placed Adam and Eve in the garden of eden, he placed them there in state of ignorance. How can one exercise free will if he or she is ignorant? When Adam and Eve ate the one thing that would allow them to exercise their free will competently, God became angry and punished them. Now to mention it, how do Adam and Eve even resist temptation when they lack the capacity to understand?