Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Ray Zee is a pen name

[ QUOTE ]
please tell your daddy not to sue me. i will give him and you some free dancing lessons. isnt it nice to see a pretty face on a book for a change instead of all those poker players.
did you really think there was a poker player called ray zee. why dont you see him on tv if he was real.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I met you I thought your name was Ray Zee. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

When I met Ray, I was unsure it was Ray until I introduced myself. He doesn't quite look like his picture. He's older and his hair is a bit more of a mess. My girlfriend saw through it all though and said, "That's the guy on the book."

He was a pleasure to talk to and very approachable (and I don't like approaching people). I really wish I could have played with him though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really wish I could have played with him though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I am quite happy I have never sat at a poker table with Ray. I would be pretty happy to sit at a dinner table with him, though.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:05 PM

Hi Everyone:

Ray Zee is actually a slight mispronounceation of a common poker term. When you get a good hand, you're suppose to yell "Ray Zee."

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 03-17-2006, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I met you I thought your name was Ray Zee. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would only add that the man who modeled for the backcover photos on "Ray Zee's" 2p2 books played very, very well when I saw him at Bay101 last year.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:41 PM

but how well does he teach dance, that is the question.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:45 PM

fnord,

i would be happy to have dinner with you. or anybody else that would buy. why i even went and ate with el diablo on the condition that he bought. and he did.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fnord,

i would be happy to have dinner with you. or anybody else that would buy. why i even went and ate with el diablo on the condition that he bought. and he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there restaurants in Montana?
Old 03-17-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really wish I could have played with him though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I am quite happy I have never sat at a poker table with Ray. I would be pretty happy to sit at a dinner table with him, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if he sat down in your regular game, at the limit that you regularly play at, you would not want to stay and watch him play and see if you can learn something from that? I think it would be a wonderful experience to be able to watch him play and learn from him. I'll take the loss in EV for that chance.

FWIW, Ray was playing 15/30 while waiting for the 10/25 PLO game to get started.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:28 PM

Well, according to this article what you'll see is him folding a lot. I could have told you that and I pretty much suck at poker.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:31 PM

My regular game is on line, if he plays on line (and shares his screen name) i'd rather just data mine him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Honestly, I have a hard enough time with mediocre players, why do I want to replace an average spot at the table with a WCP? It's much better to drop the name like...

"Yeah, I was having dinner when Ray Zee one night when someone brought up..."

than

"Yeah, I spewed about two racks at this game with Ray Zee in it, then he left and got El Diablo to pay for his meal while I sat there dumbfounded."