Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Re: SUPER-hot russian girl works down the hall from me...I have ZERO

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have any pics...

I kinda figured It's painfully obvious I have to start up a conversation with her...Is asking her out right away (the first time we really

speak a good idea or a stupid one...). Should I express my interest right away or
just say "Hi" and let her know I work down the hall (which she already knows), just kinda introduce myself, etc.
(that way, the next time we run into each other the first interaction/conversation will be behind us...and it will be easier to talk...)

How about lines? Should I say, "You went to [my college] didn't you? I thought I recognized you!" (or is this chessy...)

Should I ask her how she likes her job here or something? And get into all
talking about work/the job? (don't girls want to know that you're interested in them?)

She smokes and goes out for smoke breaks evry now and then...should I ask her if she wants to go out for a smoke? (or is this bad...)
(note: I don't smoke...)

Should I just wait for our paths to cross in the hallway or should I blatently
walk right up to her desk and say Hi?
(note:
risk of co-worker ridicule is high making this move, as there would be about 6-8 other people within earshot around her desk...mostly other (older) women...)

(needless to say, before I do any of the about I am going to have to drug myself up heavily with stimulants/depressants, etc. to numb my responses/sense of reality).

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the smoking angle. Ask her if she wants to go for a smoke and then when you get out there and she asks you why you arent smoking tell her you dont smoke.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MoreWine - Ben Folds Five, IMO, is pretty awesome. The 3 of them are great musicians (Ben Folds in particular is really creative and, for a pianist, kinda rocks hard), he's a decent vocalist, good lyrics, great hooks. The first and second albums are very good. Though I don't like his recent solo effort.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I totally agree. Cool, thanks.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:44 PM

Default Re: SUPER-hot russian girl works down the hall from me...I have ZERO game

http://www.rwrq.com/

you have not shot though.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have any pics...

I kinda figured It's painfully obvious I have to start up a conversation with her...Is asking her out right away (the first time we really

speak a good idea or a stupid one...). Should I express my interest right away or
just say "Hi" and let her know I work down the hall (which she already knows), just kinda introduce myself, etc.
(that way, the next time we run into each other the first interaction/conversation will be behind us...and it will be easier to talk...)

How about lines? Should I say, "You went to [my college] didn't you? I thought I recognized you!" (or is this chessy...)

Should I ask her how she likes her job here or something? And get into all
talking about work/the job? (don't girls want to know that you're interested in them?)

She smokes and goes out for smoke breaks evry now and then...should I ask her if she wants to go out for a smoke? (or is this bad...)
(note: I don't smoke...)

Should I just wait for our paths to cross in the hallway or should I blatently
walk right up to her desk and say Hi?
(note:
risk of co-worker ridicule is high making this move, as there would be about 6-8 other people within earshot around her desk...mostly other (older) women...)

(needless to say, before I do any of the about I am going to have to drug myself up heavily with stimulants/depressants, etc. to numb my responses/sense of reality).

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the smoking angle. Ask her if she wants to go for a smoke and then when you get out there and she asks you why you arent smoking tell her you dont smoke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a good approach as she will hopefully not think you are insane for asking her to smoke, yet not smoking. Maybe she will get the "suddle"ness of your attempt and have mercy on you....but if you do manage to get her outside, you better be [censored] witty and awesome.....and its alwasy a good idea to ask what there plans our this weekend, tomorrow, tonight etc...just to get an idea of what future asking out approach you are going to unless you sack up and when see says Im not doing anything then mention something interesting and see if she would be interested
Old 03-14-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: SUPER-hot russian girl works down the hall from me...I have ZERO game

Take a few shots of liquid courage (vodka) and just do it.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:48 PM

"I like the smoking angle. Ask her if she wants to go for a smoke and then when you get out there and she asks you why you arent smoking tell her you dont smoke."

[/ QUOTE ]

Best advice yet. Seriously.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:51 PM

Naw,
I don't think it would be awkward if she said no or something...
There aren't too many young people where I work and I think she'd appreciate having a friend at work.

Either way I need to get up the courage to do something ('cause "I probably already look like an arse, and I don't have her, and if I blow it, then I will still look like an arse and I still won't have her" - great way of thinking about it...thanks,)

What do some of you guys do to get up the courage to ask out a girl you think
is a "goddess?"
What mental preparation steps, etc. you do?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Naw,
I don't think it would be awkward if she said no or something...
There aren't too many young people where I work and I think she'd appreciate having a friend at work.

Either way I need to get up the courage to do something ('cause "I probably already look like an arse, and I don't have her, and if I blow it, then I will still look like an arse and I still won't have her" - great way of thinking about it...thanks,)

What do some of you guys do to get up the courage to ask out a girl you think
is a "goddess?"
What mental preparation steps, etc. you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

For GODS SAKES just ask her.....

.....set an exact time in which you will ask her, say 2:17pm and just go exactly at that time, if shes there shes there, if not then crawl into a ball and cry like a baby til she shows up, then ask her
Old 03-14-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I like the smoking angle. Ask her if she wants to go for a smoke and then when you get out there and she asks you why you arent smoking tell her you dont smoke."

[/ QUOTE ]

Best advice yet. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smooth/creative lines are only good if there's a smooth/creative personality backing them up. This would not end well for the average guy.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:04 PM

Ask one of her friends where she hangs out a night and show up there. 'Bump' into her and offer to buy her a drink.

Alternatively, try to get into the group she hangs out with.

Most importantly, you've got to risk the turn-down. You're nervous because you fear rejection ends all your chances. Consequently you'll never get the chance.

Last resort: Next chance you get ask her out to lunch or dinner. Straight out. No clever lines. Whatever happens, happens. At least you won't still be wondering 20 years from now.