Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Jim Cramer Actual Track Record

[ QUOTE ]

3) the tense of that statement at the end there (bolded)
Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason this year-old thread was revived...
Old 08-06-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt anyone is going to outperform the indices by much when they are faced with the tasks of making dozens of stock picks every single day.

[/ QUOTE ]

God that is just unpossible. Make stock picks on a daily basis? Will never work.

Cramer will suck because he is a shill. His interests are not in line with his viewers.

J
Old 08-06-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only facts are is Kramer is a liar and showman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a big fan of this guy, something about his presentation really rubs me the wrong way (very annoying). However, what does the guy lie about? I know his job is to entertain first and inform second, but to call the guy a liar, what's that all about?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt anyone is going to outperform the indices by much when they are faced with the tasks of making dozens of stock picks every single day.

[/ QUOTE ]

God that is just unpossible. Make stock picks on a daily basis? Will never work.

Cramer will suck because he is a shill. His interests are not in line with his viewers.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, coming up with multiple new stocks to talk about everyday is more difficult than you're making it out to be. I'm sure he also has restrictions on what stocks he can talk about, like a market-cap minimum.

And then he does his crazy lightning round or whatever where he basically says "yes" or "no" on a bunch of stocks. He's then graded by some dumb website that simply tells you if his pick went up or not. I'm pretty sure that many of these calls are more of a "I think X stock is better than Y stock that you mentioned" where and X and Y are very similar stocks. Both stocks could go up (perhaps X more than Y), but the websites tracking Cramer's record would grade his recommendation as a loss because stock Y went up.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find *anyone* that would produce a "good" track record with the conditions Cramer makes his picks under. Especially when being graded under different criterion than he makes his picks by.

Why do you think he's a "shill" and he's using the show to inflate certain stocks prices (if I'm reading your post correctly)? I'm certain that, just like any other "analyst" on CNBC, he cannot legally own the stocks that he's touting. If he were doing this, he'd get caught very quickly and would be in prison right now.

Will you make money by blindly following his stock picks? Of course not, but that doesn't make him a crook.