Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul fans being censored on some conservative sites.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
two of his personal heroes, Ludwig von Mises and Murray Rothbard

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea whether or not Ron Paul is anti-semitic and could care less. However, the fact that he has Jewish friends or even heroes means absolutely nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't actually believe this, do you?

[ QUOTE ]
By that reasoning anyone who is a fan of Shakespeare must be an anti-semite.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it doesn't.

Do you see why?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:26 PM

Dude.

Reread your posts in this thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Well some people claim that Paul has schmoozed with neo-nazi's. One claim I've read is that an organization called the American Free Press is neo-nazi fron group. Paul has written at least a few columns for them about various issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A neo-nazi front group is different than allowing a diversity of opinion. The accusation is that Paul is lending his tacit approval to the neo-nazi's by writing for their sites. Also neo-nazi's are alleged to contribute to his campaigns and his columns are provide way to solicit those contributions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you link to a series of hit pieces that attempt to smear Paul as a neo-nazi/white supremist/racist/anti-semite. You missed adanthar's "pro-genocider", by the way. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

How else is anyone supposed to interpret your participation in this thread?

And how exactly is my response debunking your (perhaps unintentional although I cannot personally fathom how) neo-nazi/anti-semitic smear a "personal attack"? Because I used sarcasm to question the motives of someone perpetuating a smear job that has been debunked numerous times, including on this very board?

I didn't even bother to point out that the hate site that is cited as "evidence" of white supremist support for Paul is a huge site with thousands of members that includes one single thread comprising about 6000 posts over the course of six months by a few dozen posters. Contrast this with 65,000+ Ron Paul meetup members. Contrast this with the numerous online communities dedicated exclusively to supporting the Paul campaign, like (to take a single example) www.ronpaulforums.com, which alone has over 7000 registered members, over 35,000 threads, and almost half a million posts. And in none of these online communities is any sort of racist/neo-nazi/anti-semitic bull [censored] tolerated.

The real answer to the OP is the web sites in question aren't "conservative" web sites at all. They're neo-conservative web sites, meaning big government, pro-interventionist (foreign and domestic) web sites. You should look at what happened to redstate.com's alexa stats after they banned Ron Paul supporters. Lol.

[censored] 'em.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:26 PM

I dont believe it. I KNOW IT. There are plenty extremely anti-semitic people who have Jewish heroes and friends. I KNOW some and I KNOW of plenty.

Your logic is that if someone has Jewish heroes than he is not anti-semitic. Thus if someone has a hero who is ANTI-Jewish then they are surely an anti-semite if its believed one must share the same characterstics of ones heroes. Thus anyone who reads Shakespeare (an anti-semite) is an anti-semite. DUCY? ~ no because your reasoning was stupid and doesn't make sense.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Uh I'm actually thinking about voting for Paul. ... However, as I said above, I'm concerned about some of these things that people say. The last thing I want to do is vote for someone and find something that's hugely negative like they're a racist or some such.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I guess I missed that part from your last post. I think you must have edited this in.

[ QUOTE ]
I can see the prevailing sentiment among Paul supporters on this forum is, don't worry just trust us you idiot and while you're at STFU unless your praising Paul that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the impression you're getting I think you might be lending too much credence to the smear allegations in the first place. Smear is a common tactic in politics. If it's brashly untrue then it's brashly untrue, and there might not be much else to say. The guy, frankly, can not control who might happen to support him. His message itself is about the furthest thing from neo-Nazism, and one reason we're all so dismissive of it is that it's really such a ridiculous allegation and we probably do more harm than good by dignifying it with a lot of attention.

I'd hate to see you stray from your hunches because of juvenile political tactics. Be better than that.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:33 PM

No, my logic is that if someone is anti-semitic it lowers the likelihood that they would have a Jewish hero. Hence, if someone has Jewish heroes, all else being equal, it is then less likely that he is anti-semitic. Couple this with the fact that all else is NOT equal, that Ron Paul has been giving the same speech for 30 years about freedom, individuality, and equality, along with his publicly stated position that racism, by focusing on groups instead of individuals, is an ugly form of collectivism, and it becomes bleedingly obvious that Ron Paul is not a frigging anti-semite.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:35 PM

ALALPOKER, do you think Frank Zappa would have supported Ron Paul?

By Borodogs logic because Zappa is a hero of mine the answer to the above will dictate who I support!
Old 11-20-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
logic

[/ QUOTE ]

You should stop using that word.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:38 PM

fwiw, i think zappa would have probably supported Ron Paul had he supported anyone. He wrote in his autobiography that his politics were 'conservative in a sence as he believed lowering taxes was a top priority' or something like that. And he of course was a libertarian by a certain definition.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:40 PM

ALALPOKER reporting.

First of all, logic. By Borodog's reasoning, anyone who worships Shakespeare would be less likely to be aggresively ANTI-Christian. Get it?

Second, who is Frank Zappa?

I'm just looking up this Zappa character now, so your guess is as good as mine, I suppose.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont believe it. I KNOW IT. There are plenty extremely anti-semitic people who have Jewish heroes and friends. I KNOW some and I KNOW of plenty.

Your logic is that if someone has Jewish heroes than he is not anti-semitic. Thus if someone has a hero who is ANTI-Jewish then they are surely an anti-semite if its believed one must share the same characterstics of ones heroes. Thus anyone who reads Shakespeare (an anti-semite) is an anti-semite. DUCY? ~ no because your reasoning was stupid and doesn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog didn't say that one must share the same characteristics as their heroes. He didn't say Ron Paul was Jewish. He said having Jewish heroes makes Ron Paul less likely to be anti-Jewish people.

zaster, your logic is frequently beyond awful.