Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Re: too big to back out?

*grunch

I fold the flop myself. If I peeled one that is one thing but peeling two on a raise and reraise is folly with this hand imo.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:36 AM

Miller says don't fold decent hands for one bet in a big pot. You have TPNK on the flop and have to call two bets cold to continue. Fold.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And since it hasn't been mentioned. Q2s PF, even "in position", is pretty darn pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't have to make any of these postflop decisions if you stop playing suited junk like this. On the flop you have to fold this because I don't think a Q or 2 will give you the winner. Bascially, you are drawing to only a backdoor flush draw a good portion of the time. I don't mind the way you played the river once you got there as going for th overcall isn't terrible.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:22 AM

pf isnt terrible if you're very good postflop and your table consists of donkeys. i would play Q5s and up here.

however, if you're gonna play this pf, theres no way in hell you should be getting married to flops like this.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:43 PM

Grunching. Absent any read on the table I'd fold preflop. On Flop I'd fold on that board, even with TP. A bet and a raise with lots of straight outs, lots of ways of counterfeiting. If I do decide that my TP is good (if SB and BB are habitual raisers on draws, for example) I'd want to 3-bet.

On turn, I think you're getting 5.25-1 when it comes round to you raised. If you hit the only hands to worry about are AJs/K10s/A10s.

On the river I'd be raising along, but with the sinking feeling that BB is playing K10s when he caps.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't even going to be in this hand but I had position and was suited with just a Q high and no kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go with your first thought and fold pf...provided you can't get away on this flop with this action. I don't even see one clean out for you, much less the 6 or so you need to continue.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pf is close

[/ QUOTE ]
Pooh-Bah or not, I'd like to see some motivation (mathwise or not) for that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's MY usual argument [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I know it sometimes sound like I am very confident about things where I basically am just going on what I have read some time ago (or think I have). But it's boring to write 'I believe that' etc . every time. Let's just say that if I don't give a solid mathematical argument for a statement I have none.

And if I could have some of the posts deleted preventing people for thinking I'm good, I would.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:36 PM

LIMP PF= SUCKS
CALL FLOP =SUX
IF U DONK IT THIS FAR. JUST GO-AHEAD AND DONK IT INTO NUTS