Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: weird spot in 3bet pot vs regular (Unkle_Rukus)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i cant see villain folding 88-QQ to just a flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

so????

[/ QUOTE ]

so why bet the flop and then give up (which is what some ppl have suggested) if he like never folds flop with worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

directed towards casper's last post to: why is a pp suddenly all he's got here? Games are such that his range will be alot wider then that.

Secondly, are you c/c?

thirdly, "no worse will call/better fold" so? He'll fold JT alot. That has ~25% equity against your hand.

I'm not saying c/f is bad, but you should prob bet if you have a good image whish it sounds like you do from op. However, checking the flop then betting the turn is sooooo much worse then betting the flop. Your range is weaker, his will probably be stronger.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i cant see villain folding 88-QQ to just a flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

so????

[/ QUOTE ]

so why bet the flop and then give up (which is what some ppl have suggested) if he like never folds flop with worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

directed towards casper's last post to: why is a pp suddenly all he's got here? Games are such that his range will be alot wider then that.

Secondly, are you c/c?

thirdly, "no worse will call/better fold" so? He'll fold JT alot. That has ~25% equity against your hand.

I'm not saying c/f is bad, but you should prob bet if you have a good image whish it sounds like you do from op. However, checking the flop then betting the turn is sooooo much worse then betting the flop. Your range is weaker, his will probably be stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would c/f. I think the majority of his range is PP. He might show up with a sc occassionally but much more likely to have PP IMO
Old 11-12-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think checking the flop is fine. i'd probably fire the turn and don't have any money left on the river if he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet $50 into 80 on the turn. Makes the pot 180 on the river with $120 left behind. I think a 2/3 bet looks like a value bet. I think we still have FE, do u?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, thought you meant bet flop, bet turn, bet river. But I agree with US that if we're planning to bet this hand anywhere it's the flop (because our hand range on the turn after checking the flop is weak).
Old 11-12-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think checking the flop is fine. i'd probably fire the turn and don't have any money left on the river if he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet $50 into 80 on the turn. Makes the pot 180 on the river with $120 left behind. I think a 2/3 bet looks like a value bet. I think we still have FE, do u?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, thought you meant bet flop, bet turn, bet river. But I agree with US that if we're planning to bet this hand anywhere it's the flop (because our hand range on the turn after checking the flop is weak).

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you check AK on this flop?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you check AK on this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes. Maybe 25% or so.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:23 AM

this looks fine. i pretty much agree with every street. only other option i see is to double barrel. Alot depends on how light he calls your raise.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:24 AM

If we dont want to be betting AQ on the turn because our hand range looks weak after checking the flop then we should be checking AK 100% of the time on this flop no?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we dont want to be betting AQ on the turn because our hand range looks weak after checking the flop then we should be checking AK 100% of the time on this flop no?

[/ QUOTE ]
I prefer betting most of my range on the flop instead, throwing in some checks with AA/KK/QQ/AK and sometmies check AQ and other missed hand when I feel my image suck or vs other types of players than this one. Given our solid/nitty image I like to c-bet AQ vs this player.

I just don't get the point of checking AK 100% just so we can check the flop with AQ (and other missed hands) and then bet the turn with them. We now also need to throw in tons of checks with the rest of our range and what we do is basically delaying our c-bet to the turn which:
1. Gives the c-bet to villain. He can fire when we check the flop and we need to fold our missed hands.
2. Give a free card for villain to hit his hand.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:21 AM

I like the hand as played. Nothing wrong with c/folding as pfraiser. If you think his hand range is strong, 77+/AQ+ for calling the 3bet and you think he rarely folds a pocket pair then any other way of playing it is spew.

I would probably either give up or fire flop and turn all in. I'm finding TAGs beginning to call 3 bets with pocket pairs, calling one barrel and folding to the second.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:21 PM

CBET PLEASE!