Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: AA no good?

for the love of god, i read the first line of the description that mentioned the villain and I wondered why you even posted this. why are you even considering doing anything but folding against him?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 AM

i actually fold this quick, but i see the reasoning against it tho, it's just a gut feeling i guess
Old 11-09-2007, 10:23 AM

agree with DJ on everything. Greg's aware of his image and the leeway it allows him in certain spots and the shorty is just some random bad player.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for the love of god, i read the first line of the description that mentioned the villain and I wondered why you even posted this. why are you even considering doing anything but folding against him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I just checked my pt to look at big pots I have involving him and in my database everytime he checkraised and played a big pot he either had a draw or some marginal top pair hand. Every pot I have for him in which he has two pair or better he seems to b/3b. Relatively smallish sample of hands but it is worth considering.

edit: the other thing I'm considering is that I really just can't see what he can have here. He's so nitty and robotic preflop that his range is pretty well defined. I don't think he plays any hand that contains a 7 oop in a raised pot and he 3 bets TT.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:44 AM

I think the key to this hand is that jk3a is MP and not CO or BTN. If he's in the CO, I say TT probably 3-bets the raise, but from MP, greg probably doesn't, leaving TTT77 as a possibility. He's more likely to set-mine vs MP, because he figures MP raise is stronger than CO raise and he can get better set value from MP, allowing him to c/f the ones he misses. If he has a PP that missed, I think you'd see the check-raise more if you were in the CO instead of MP. As is, I'd say it's pretty close (I can totally see greg playing JJ and AsKs the same way). The fact that the BB cold called the raise might be a draw, but it's the way every donk in the universe plays the 7 as well. I doubt you're beating both of them, and even if you are beating BB (and get greg to fold his presumably weaker holding), he's likely got a good amount of outs, whereas if you're losing you have 2 at best. And ummm hi....quad sevens? =)

Please don't flat call this. You're at the mercy of the turn card, and if greg has you beat, he might try to trick you by checking turn as well, causing you to either fire out or be forced to call something on the river.

I would probably never fold this hand in the moment, but the more I think about it, I say it's a fold, and if you folded it, good job. The situation definitely is not as simple as the "ZOMG NIT!!! GET OUT!!!" vibe I'm getting from some people though.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:44 AM

call, fold if sb bets the turn, bet if he checks
Old 11-09-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the key to this hand is that jk3a is MP and not CO or BTN. If he's in the CO, I say TT probably 3-bets the raise, but from MP, greg probably doesn't

[/ QUOTE ]

He has 3 bet me with TT oop after I raised utg at a full table. I don't necessarily know that he always does but he seems like the type of player that just plays like he's using an internal hand chart preflop, raise these hands, 3 bet these hands, call with these hands, etc.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call, fold if sb bets the turn, bet if he checks

[/ QUOTE ]

This is terrible. You're begging for him to outplay you. You think he's in a rush to protect his hand if he has TT? No. He may check into 2 dudes.

Also, he's probably going to fire again if he has JJ to protect vs the flush, so now you're folding to something you have beat.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:30 PM

not necessarily. turn could be a check, i was half asleep when i wrote that. def fold if sb bets though.

call > fold >>>>> raise that's for sure.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:56 PM

greg always has it, like always. just fold