Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Bluffing

There is nothing on the board for him to be bluffing, he cant represent anything, which makes me think he has the nizzles or at least isnt folding. So I think continuing here is bad.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:26 PM

yeah his range is 22/34/Slowplayed AA.

But I think the slowplayed AA is pretty overrated, especially if he's actually decent. I don't think I'd ever, regardless of meta, cold call AA BvB.

It's pretty hard for him to do this with AT, because you could just as easily have JJ->AA. Though you would bet the flop with those most of the time. Like someone said earlier u look like what u are, complete air, and there's a backdoor draw on board.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can't see any hand that he has here. Time for a raise.

Let's make it tough. 5x raise sounds good.

All in?

Train of thought one: I just don't see him having any hand here at all. *His line isn't consistent with how he plays big hands*. My hand (monster or weak pair) is good. I call.

--- end of villian's thoughts ---

I might look you up here with as little as 77-99, any ten if my read told me you don't slow play your big hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is an excellent post. i think you nail villain's likely thought processes pretty well. the only thing is i'm not sure about is that he raises with a weak pair all that often - wouldn't you mostly just call, even with a bdfd on the board? that's why i think c/c might be ok though i'm not in love with it particularly.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
like someone said earlier u look like what u are, complete air, and there's a backdoor draw on board.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think everyone agrees that both players are repping very little. but hero is lucky enough to be able to get the last bet in. so the question, in my mind, is not does villain call us much here, but does villain bluff raise us enough here?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:33 PM

uhm why can't his range be 34/22/backdoor draws?

there's still two monsters in his range and some ppl never raise the semibluff part of it here, while others raise both all the time, others raise the semibluff only some of the time. For me personally I haven't raised turn on a semibluff in >2 months.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uhm why can't his range be 34/22/backdoor draws?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think we can have those hands (with the possible exception of 34) with equal frequency.

[ QUOTE ]
some ppl never raise the semibluff part of it here, while others raise both all the time, others raise the semibluff only some of the time. For me personally I haven't raised turn on a semibluff in >2 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, this was my summary to OP in via IM. this is vv thin without a better read imo.