Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: My river play bothers me

[ QUOTE ]
I think its more a matter of what he raises that we beat, which I think is nothing. So if we intend to call, we might as well bet. Villan is not folding anything on this board ever. Or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and boz, it's okay to say that you're unclear on what a clarkmeister is, instead of just posting "no" a lot and attempting to sound authoritative (apologies for outing your m.o., btw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). i'm willing to admit that the definition i held was partially incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly?

Your first response:

[ QUOTE ]
easy river bet

and no it's nothing like a clarkmeister, mitke

[/ QUOTE ]

It's almost like you're looking in a mirror, isn't it?

Edit: fwiw, I'm perfectly clear on what Clarkmeister's Theorem is, and have been since I was corrected by Aaron about 18 months ago.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK but, realistically, what does villain fold here that beats us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two points: first, if the answer is not "nothing" (and I know that Babar is going to say that is the answer) then it is absolutely worth betting; second, the more important question is, realistically, what does villan raise that DOESN'T beat us? The answer to that question is certainly "nothing", unless he's a nutbag, so you put in a bet because you're going to, anyway, and the portion of the time that he calls with a worse hand you profit.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think its more a matter of what he raises that we beat, which I think is nothing. So if we intend to call, we might as well bet. Villan is not folding anything on this board ever. Or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what?

I think I make sense [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Would you say he's calling two streets with air only so he can bluff raise the river? Does he call KK two streets just to see if we 3-barrel?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boz:
On the flop, I'd have bet out. A rock is going to check behind you with 99-KK on an ace-high flop, but might peel. When you got lucky and BB bet it for you, then your c/r was goot.

[/ QUOTE ]Origamisensei:

Likewise I feel I got a bit lucky on the flop. My style of late has been to lead out more often but in this case I thought MP2 was aggressive enough to c-bet it since BB was playing fairly loose and my table image was fairly uncertain at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I think I still have to disagree about the flop.

I think even fairly aggressive players would c-bet this flop with KK-88 representing a big Ace if both Hero and LPP Villain in BB check the flop indicating relative weakness both preflop and on the flop. The board isn't very coordinated either so I think it's a reasonable assumption for MP2 to make that a c-bet will take down this pot often enough for it to be profitable.

-> c/r will work for the Hero in this spot a good many times IMO.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:48 PM

I don't think he'd ever bluff raise the river here. I think that he'll call often enough with hands that we beat (or accidentally click "Fold" with hands that beat us [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) often enough that the bet is for value.