Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Add a Pro and Win the BCS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shaun Rogers on any DL in the top 10. Good luck trying to block him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Homer FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2007, 10:40 PM

I dont think a QB would be the best position to fill for this question. You cant just put Manning behind a terrible OL with no receivers and turn a bad team into a good one. I think a running back like LT or Westbrook, or DE like Freeney or Peppers would have a bigger impact.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:08 PM

What a year for a thread like this lol
Old 11-03-2007, 11:27 PM

Homer answer here, but put Brady/Manning (more likely Brady considering he already played here) on Michigan and they're title contenders.

Also, imagine the possibilities if you could put Kevin Williams (or some other unstoppable DT) on LSU with Glenn Dorsey. The answer obviously depends on the team you're putting the NFL player on, but I think that any top 25 team would be an instant BCS title contender if they get 1 NFL player.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Homer answer here, but put Brady/Manning (more likely Brady considering he already played here) on Michigan and they're title contenders.

Also, imagine the possibilities if you could put Kevin Williams (or some other unstoppable DT) on LSU with Glenn Dorsey. The answer obviously depends on the team you're putting the NFL player on, but I think that any top 25 team would be an instant BCS title contender if they get 1 NFL player.

[/ QUOTE ]
If we're taking back old Wolverines, I'll take a defender this year. Give me Woodley, Branch, or Burgess back, or reach back for Woodson.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the question seems to be asking how far down the poll can you go and make a team a contender. Obviously, if you take a team that is already a contender, you can add any pro player.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:48 PM

Honestly, I think that taking a defensive player wastes it somewhat. Having Brady or Manning for UM would be huge. There are just so many throws that Henne can't make (see the hundreds of overthrows of an open Manningham downfield) that they could make.

I think that there could be excellent defensive choices as well, possibly getting somebody like Champ Bailey or Merriman, I just don't think they'd be as helpful to the Wolverines as an elite QB.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:51 PM

I dont think a shutdown corner would have nearly as big of an impact as a dominant DE or LB...