Default Re: Plea for help

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

OP I hope your son gets well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2007, 12:17 AM

My thoughts are with you and your son (the ex-wife, not so much).

Just stay positive. From the description, it sounds like, although there have been some complications, everything will turn out ok.

Good luck man.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

registered and posted
Old 11-03-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2007, 02:04 AM

After reading what tuq posted I can't imagine what the kid is going through right now. It has to be horrible to wake up coughing and then be put back under for your own good (sorry jeffro, just calling it as I see it). I feel bad for not having the courage to say it the first time, but I will be praying for him.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:05 AM

My sympathies to you and your family, hope all turns out well. Registering momentarily.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts are with you and your son (the ex-wife, not so much).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2007, 12:10 PM

Registered and left message, wish I was around to take you out for that drink....you absolutely need one.

Take care of yourself while taking care of Justin...

T
Old 11-03-2007, 01:15 PM

OP, I dont know if this helps anything but I can share some similar experiences me and my family has had in the past.

When I was 7 years old I fell from a swing and my arm bone snapped in half. Nothing weird in that but after that I have had a broken bone about once a year and I don't do anything extreme that leads into many bone fractures easily. Now I'm 20, turning 21 soon, and I've had my arm fractured four times, my toes a couple of times just for running, my leg very badly from an area of 32 centimeters which lead me to ER for one week and was unable to move for month and still have complications for it, fingers and my ankle once and smaller fractures in different parts of my body. I also had my neck damaged in a basketball game when I was a kid and was in a great danger to get paralyzed but thankfully it was cured with just a neck support.

So it is clear that I have some decease but it was never really diagnosed well when I was a child and most of these fractured bones occurred. Lately I demanded answers for these fractures that come to me way too easily and I got a diagnosis of ostheoporosis which is very rare with men of my age. I have a medification which slows down this disease but I have to watch out my movements constantly and I had to quit snowboarding since its a no no to me. Doctors have also warned me of higher than normal risk of paralyzing since normal everyday things like running could injure my back badly. My leg injury also lead into some complications like my left leg being shorter than my right and it developed a bad scholiosis to my back which means that my spital looks like S letter.

There are lot of deceases in my family too. My mother got diagnosed of MS syndrome about two years ago and theres not much to do to help her but only slow down the speed of her disease. My grandparents from both side of my family and my dad has bad hearts and unluckily I have some issues with my heart too and both my brothers too.

There has been a huge stretch of bad luck in my family. I'm not the only one of us who got injuries for my whole childhood. My other brother had his appendix burst and it was decayed very badly and like that wasnt enough he had a hospital bacteria and was in very bad condition for a long time and the situation was very serious.

A little later my other brother fall down with his bicycle and was very lucky to survive. He needed lots of surgical operations and his teeth are artificial now but the most important thing is that after all he survived.

Our house of that time had a water damage and it developed a bad type of fungus which made us sick. It was "aspergillus fumigatus". All of us were very weak and sick most of the time over the years we lived in that house and that lead us into trouble with school officials and eventually we had trouble with child support etc since we were not able to go to school and no one believed that it was the fungus that made us tired and sick. Even though we havent lived in that house for over 7 years it still affects our lives. My hands shake 24/7, my mother has been very weak for all these years after that, my brother has had a migraine ever since etc.

I'm not saying this to express how unlucky my family has been, I just wanted to share this with you so you know that there are others who know how you must feel now and what situation you and your son and your ex-wife are right now. I hope everything goes well and your son regains his ability to live normally and all these complications and backsteps disappear.