Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Tortured for 2 years Is it Worth 10 Million?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a lot to talk about here, but to just answer the title. no, i wouldn't be tortured for 2 years for 10 million dollars, but i don't think i'd be tortured for 2 years for any amount of money. 10 million is pretty much equivilant to being set for life, so outside of punishment and apologies for the people who did me harm, i wouldn't complain about the $$ amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the guy got nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The U.S. hasn't given anything yet (hopefully they will come around and give him something), but the Canadians gave him 10 mil i think and some sort of formal apology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and he testified via video before congree and two democrats apologized to him. Note the head of the RCMP lost his job over this as they gave the CIA false info also. I am not blaming the US for this guys torture either I blame the RCMP and its also why Canada gave him 10 million. Also sometimes you think maybe it would serve Canada and the US if an important political figure was captured and tortured for two years.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a lot to talk about here, but to just answer the title. no, i wouldn't be tortured for 2 years for 10 million dollars, but i don't think i'd be tortured for 2 years for any amount of money. 10 million is pretty much equivilant to being set for life, so outside of punishment and apologies for the people who did me harm, i wouldn't complain about the $$ amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the guy got nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The U.S. hasn't given anything yet (hopefully they will come around and give him something), but the Canadians gave him 10 mil i think and some sort of formal apology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and he testified via video before congree and two democrats apologized to him. Note the head of the RCMP lost his job over this as they gave the CIA false info also. I am not blaming the US for this guys torture either I blame the RCMP and its also why Canada gave him 10 million. Also sometimes you think maybe it would serve Canada and the US if an important political figure was captured and tortured for two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure one of the guys was a republican. Can't think of his name, but I think he's from Arizona, has a cleft lip or something kind of wrong with his face.

Also, yeah they apologized, but they still won't let the guy come into the country. That's like breaking someguy's leg then kicking him in the balls when you bring him flowers in the hospital.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I watched part of the hearing they had for this guy on C-span 2. The guy had to talk through video conference to accept what he thought was going to be an apology. Instead he was told "people make mistakes. No, you still can't come in our country. Sorry 'bout it." It was pathetic. What a terrible injustice.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/1...xtraordinaire/
yeah rorbasch said torture was "for the children" after asking the guy if he had children. said it was like friendly fire in a war zone and shtt happens.

personally I hope people like congressman rorbasch get kidnapped and tortrued.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's difficult for me to suppress those kind of emotions. Absolutely despicable, Rorbasch. The poor guy deserves some kind of award for being so calm in the face of that.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
some people need to die for what happened to this man
we need a general attitude:
if you are responsible for an innocent man being tortured for an extended period of time, guess what? YOU DON'T GET TO LIVE ANYMORE. WE DON'T WANT TO SHARE THE PLANET WITH YOU ANYMORE. YOU DIE. BOTTOM LINE. END OF STORY. PERIOD. DIE DIE DIE

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say I'm surprised that you support the death penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say I support the death penalty. I said these torturers and the politicians behind them should be murdered. There is a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you support murder?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes, yes.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
some people need to die for what happened to this man
we need a general attitude:
if you are responsible for an innocent man being tortured for an extended period of time, guess what? YOU DON'T GET TO LIVE ANYMORE. WE DON'T WANT TO SHARE THE PLANET WITH YOU ANYMORE. YOU DIE. BOTTOM LINE. END OF STORY. PERIOD. DIE DIE DIE

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say I'm surprised that you support the death penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say I support the death penalty. I said these torturers and the politicians behind them should be murdered. There is a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there isn't. You may not agree with it for the crimes it is normally used for, but you support using it for these crimes, which means you support it as a form of punishment.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, yeah they apologized, but they still won't let the guy come into the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

"they" who apologized are in Congress.
"they" who keep him on the no fly list are part of Bush's Administration.

"they" are impotent, while "they" are arrogant.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, there isn't. You may not agree with it for the crimes it is normally used for, but you support using it for these crimes, which means you support it as a form of punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thinki the founding fathers called this the original right of free men or something like that. I mean they openly advocated killing the elected representatives when necessary. and this was after independence from england.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also sometimes you think maybe it would serve Canada and the US if an important political figure was captured and tortured for two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-25-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also sometimes you think maybe it would serve Canada and the US if an important political figure was captured and tortured for two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and how much did he talk in captivity? You think he would speak up? I was thinking more about Rice.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes and how much did he talk in captivity? You think he would speak up? I was thinking more about Rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

according to the other pows, he wasn't tortured and was basically a sellout. true story.