Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Anyone else made enemies in local cards rooms?

Can't anyone request that security walk them to their car? For any reason?

ME: "I'd like to have security walk me to my car, please."

Security: "Sure. Is there something we should be looking out for? Anything we should know?"

Me: "I'm gay, and an old lover of mine is here. I want him to think I have a new, younger boyfriend."
Old 10-15-2007, 01:41 PM

Don't worry 'bout...I'd be more worried that you don't have more such "enemies"....
Old 10-15-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
About 3 weeks ago I was playing $5/10NL at the Borgata and I picked up AA utg. I limped cuz it was a loose game and I knew someone would raise and that the couple of players I didn't want in the hand would fold after my reraise putting me on AA. #rd to act makes it $40 to go, 3 callers including the BB. I make it $225. Everyone inc;uding original raiser folds except the BB who reraises to $400. I immediately put in my whole stack of about $1800 and he insta calls. Flop is 7 8 2 rainbow and he turn over 7 8s. Turn is a deuce I flip over my better 2 pair river is a 7 and I say NH and ask for chips. I'm steaming inside cuz I have been the tightest player at the table for 4 hour and everone except this guy knows it, or so I think. Without any prompting on my part he says "I knew you had aces or kings but I knew if I got the right flop I could stack you." I laugh and reminded him that all the money went in preflop and he says "Yea well one time at such & such club you called my all in preflop with 10 10 and flopped a set and busted me when I had KK. Sick thing is that I actually remembered the hand but not the guy and it happened over 4 years ago and it was a $30 w/ $20 rebuys 2 table tourney. The guy fumed when it happened and called me a fish and I told him that I spent a lil time up north and a fish is a guy who gets banged in the hiney and that if he said another word I was gonna show him what it felt like to be a fish. I know, it was in poor taste but I thought it was pretty rude of him and he wa a typical NJ or CT guy livin or playin in NYC whose mouth was writing checks he couldn't cash. Also, the way the hand played out I was getting 4:1 he was short stacked blah blah blah so I didn't do anything wrong. He shut his mouth and left the club and this guy has probably waited 4 years for any opportunity to show me that he wasn't scared of me lol lol lol.....I just repeated "nice hand" and laughed it off. On a brighter note He lost about $2000 back to me when I turned a str8 flush vs his A high flush and he paid me off. It was the second hand I played in the 3 hours since he stacked me and again he was the only player at the table who didn't seem to notice. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key labeled "enter" will let you put spaces in your post. There's also a little checkbox below the white box where you write your post labeled "I want to preview my post ." (Which I find funny because there's an extra space between t and . that shouldn't be there. Somebody didn't preview their page.). You should make sure there's a green checkmark in it and then take the opportunity to read what you wrote before submitting it.

Also, you sound like a bit of a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

You spent all that energy into reading and posting just to correct someone's writing, and you call him a douche?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:59 PM

yeah... once I was going at it with some guy at Morongo.... finally I told him that I hoped his first born son was gay.

He is a total [censored]-phob... he's hated me since then... even took a swing at me once
Old 10-15-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah... once I was going at it with some guy at Morongo.... finally I told him that I hoped his first born son was gay.

He is a total [censored]-phob... he's hated me since then... even took a swing at me once

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of Morongoites, there's a regular (1/3NL) there that got under my skin this week. Middle aged woman (made final table of Morongo's Friday night tourney, just ask her) know it all who just talking and talking about the game and such, then berates a guy for folding on a 26262 board when 3 people call.

Where you there recently BB?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:44 PM

There are more crazy people in poker than in the rest of my life. I think it's the nature of a thinking game with a huge rush factor for many of the players (me included). There is also a lot of macho BS on the line for many (I wish I were always above it). About 4 years ago at Garden City when I first started to play, I was called out over a crazy hand at a 3/6 limit table! I almost went for it before I realized that it goes against everything that I want poker to be in my life.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:19 PM

For many, poker is not about thinking or skill or money.

It is a Testosterone Test. A Pissing Contest. King of the Hill for adults.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For many, poker is not about thinking or skill or money.

It is a Testosterone Test. A Pissing Contest. King of the Hill for adults.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I love those people. Or rather, I love their money. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
About 3 weeks ago I was playing $5/10NL at the Borgata and I picked up AA utg. I limped cuz it was a loose game and I knew someone would raise and that the couple of players I didn't want in the hand would fold after my reraise putting me on AA. #rd to act makes it $40 to go, 3 callers including the BB. I make it $225. Everyone inc;uding original raiser folds except the BB who reraises to $400. I immediately put in my whole stack of about $1800 and he insta calls. Flop is 7 8 2 rainbow and he turn over 7 8s. Turn is a deuce I flip over my better 2 pair river is a 7 and I say NH and ask for chips. I'm steaming inside cuz I have been the tightest player at the table for 4 hour and everone except this guy knows it, or so I think. Without any prompting on my part he says "I knew you had aces or kings but I knew if I got the right flop I could stack you." I laugh and reminded him that all the money went in preflop and he says "Yea well one time at such & such club you called my all in preflop with 10 10 and flopped a set and busted me when I had KK. Sick thing is that I actually remembered the hand but not the guy and it happened over 4 years ago and it was a $30 w/ $20 rebuys 2 table tourney. The guy fumed when it happened and called me a fish and I told him that I spent a lil time up north and a fish is a guy who gets banged in the hiney and that if he said another word I was gonna show him what it felt like to be a fish. I know, it was in poor taste but I thought it was pretty rude of him and he wa a typical NJ or CT guy livin or playin in NYC whose mouth was writing checks he couldn't cash. Also, the way the hand played out I was getting 4:1 he was short stacked blah blah blah so I didn't do anything wrong. He shut his mouth and left the club and this guy has probably waited 4 years for any opportunity to show me that he wasn't scared of me lol lol lol.....I just repeated "nice hand" and laughed it off. On a brighter note He lost about $2000 back to me when I turned a str8 flush vs his A high flush and he paid me off. It was the second hand I played in the 3 hours since he stacked me and again he was the only player at the table who didn't seem to notice. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key labeled "enter" will let you put spaces in your post. There's also a little checkbox below the white box where you write your post labeled "I want to preview my post ." (Which I find funny because there's an extra space between t and . that shouldn't be there. Somebody didn't preview their page.). You should make sure there's a green checkmark in it and then take the opportunity to read what you wrote before submitting it.

Also, you sound like a bit of a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

You spent all that energy into reading and posting just to correct someone's writing, and you call him a douche?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... to be honest reading and typing don't take much energy out of me. Adding three blank lines to a post like that will make it way more readable, so I don't feel like my energy was wasted. If it has even a 1% chance of making somebody post in a readable format I feel I've done a public service.

Oh and anybody that acts like this:

[ QUOTE ]
I told him that I spent a lil time up north and a fish is a guy who gets banged in the hiney and that if he said another word I was gonna show him what it felt like to be a fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

is a douche.