Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Explanation of plate tectonics.

There is nowhere in the Bible where it says that plate tectonic don't exit. It also never says that the earth is 6000 years old.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Explanation of plate tectonics.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Christian thinking doesn't need to offer an explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, of course, it doesn't! It is well above that, and the fact that christians individually differ on their understanding and explanations is just part of the mystery! LOL Then you can count me as a christian... just a strong atheist one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I specifically meant it doesn't need to offer an explanation for plate tectonics.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, some people calling themselves christians will not agree with you, some in fact will say you are not a christian if you accept the tectonic plate science either in whole or in part. This is just silly, another way to see that christianity per se doesn't much exist, it is only a very fragmented set of believers in many different things all calling themselves the same but excluding each other from the same named set! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The number of people who claim that those who believe in plate tectonics aren't Christians is so small as to be negligible. It seems that most of the people who make such a claim are atheists attempting to make Christians look silly.