Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: phantom phone vibration

[ QUOTE ]
also, some justin timberlake song that was always on the radio a while back had me reaching for my phone like three times per play before i realized it was the song.

[/ QUOTE ]
damn, that take balls to admit you listen to Justin Timberlake..major props
Old 10-12-2007, 05:28 PM

when i first got a pager 100 years ago it scared the [censored] outa me when it went off (on vibrate).

now i cant tell when my phone rings and i get phantom vibrated all the time.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:51 PM

i got a moto q and i usually keep it in a cargo pocket, blazer pocket at work or in my bag. (beat: can't carry it in my regular pocket, keyboard gets mashed and i accidentally send killa text messages that say jasdfjasdgjkasgjklasdgfjklsadjkl.)

so this doesn't happen to me anymore. used to happen a bit when i had a flip phone, but not now.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
proof of pavlov's dog and that we are more related to dogs and animals in terms of instincts than we would like to think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I don't think so... are you saying you think phantom rings are people using some sort of instinct to sense the phone call before it comes in? If so you are wrong...
Old 10-12-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
proof of pavlov's dog and that we are more related to dogs and animals in terms of instincts than we would like to think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I don't think so... are you saying you think phantom rings are people using some sort of instinct to sense the phone call before it comes in? If so you are wrong...

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm saying there's something about the beginning of a phone call received on our phones that we key into. Whether that be a certain sensation or a music note, our minds instantly expect there to be a phone call and thus we get the phantom phone vibration. I'm saying this is just how we work as human beings, and animals work this way too, hence Pavlov's dog.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm saying there's something about the beginning of a phone call received on our phones that we key into. Whether that be a certain sensation or a music note, our minds instantly expect there to be a phone call and thus we get the phantom phone vibration. I'm saying this is just how we work as human beings, and animals work this way too, hence Pavlov's dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure that there are no cues that precede the phatom vibrate, it just happens sometimes.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:24 PM

I always think i hear my phone vibrating when it never is and when someone is actually calling me i never hear it