Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: AA hand gets mini-raised on drawy flop- probably simple

I like raise to $13 and call a push way better than call/re-evalute. I don't think its safe to assume were behind an unknowns range here.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like raise to $13 and call a push way better than call/re-evalute. I don't think its safe to assume were behind an unknowns range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, that is about the worst size for a raise you could make. It leaves you with enough behind that if he pushes, you are faced with a really difficult decision. If you raise less (like to $9-$10, which is a perfectly fine raise -- not every raise needs to be massive), you can get away from the hand if you're beaten, but he'll actually call you with draws sometimes.

On flops like this, you are almost never going to get it all in and be good with one pair. The fact that you have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] does help a little.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:57 PM

if we 3 bet to 13 its obv with the intention of calling a push.

yeah I mean we are def ahead of his range the more I think about it just I dont see a combined 200BB going in the middle here and feeling great about it.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:13 PM

This is a very troubling spot to be in for a few reasons:

1-) Your bet could very easily be seen as a c-bet, and some villains min raise you with air to "scare" you without investing too much.
2-) Others might do this with one of the multiple draws on this board in a transparent attempt to get free cards.
3-) Others might do this with an already made monster, in this case a set. Obviously this isn't a great move, considering all the draws on that board, but not everyone at this level cares, they might want to keep you in no matter what since they have a huge hand.

For these reasons, it makes it hard to narrow down his range since he could have anything: from complete air, a draw, a good hand that you beat, or a hand that crushes you...

To narrow it down at all I think you have to raise him about 10. This will represent a legitimate hand and at least eliminate the possibility he is just making a move on your c-bet.

If he shoves, I'd puke, but I think I would call [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]