Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: $114: TT bubble w/ micro stack

[ QUOTE ]
i have yet to look at the other 17 responses. first of all, pokerpb is a jerk so you need to do everything you can to spite him.

here is what will likely happen if you limp. button will fold, pokerpb will complete, and bb will push if he has a brain or check if he does not. flop could very dangerous because pokerpb will check, bb may push, and then you are in a tough spot.

so i think you need to push this preflop. button will fold most hands, and pokerpb will be forced to call all his chips, then who really cares what bb does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true John. This makes me really think this is a push. Nothing good really comes from limping since even if poker in pb completes he still has chips. Min raise is another option to throw around if you're board.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:13 PM

sigh, i misread the hand horribly. disregard my earlier post. Passing may be best but I'm a monkey and my reaction would probably be "ZoMg TT. All-in" and I'd consider the ramifications later
Old 10-09-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have yet to look at the other 17 responses. first of all, pokerpb is a jerk so you need to do everything you can to spite him.

here is what will likely happen if you limp. button will fold, pokerpb will complete, and bb will push if he has a brain or check if he does not. flop could very dangerous because pokerpb will check, bb may push, and then you are in a tough spot.

so i think you need to push this preflop. button will fold most hands, and pokerpb will be forced to call all his chips, then who really cares what bb does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true John. This makes me really think this is a push. Nothing good really comes from limping since even if poker in pb completes he still has chips. Min raise is another option to throw around if you're board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Min-raise is another option you can try. You also should look at when the blinds are raising if you are planning to do this. Say you min-raise, all fold, BB calls, and you had to fold the flop. You get nothing when the SB and BB hits and poker_in_pb is still alive. Now, when the blinds pass you, are they going to increase? If yes, then min-raise is ok.

Overall, I think push is best. Your opponents know you won't do this with crap like JTo and fold JQ kind of hands.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:43 PM

Minraise sucks because if you have to fold you're going to get raped by the blinds, especially if poker_in_pb stalls enough that they go up to 600. Shoving seems best, but I'm not sure I'd have time to think all that through in-game. So as usual KISS is best - "I have TT, I shove".
Old 10-09-2007, 01:51 PM

I think this is a very good point -- even if BB is an idiot and instacalls QJ (which I imagine a lot of people would here), it doesn't matter b/c sb is prob calling a shove 100% of the time.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:53 PM

Reads on BB could be important here. Does he like to cooperate? own? call with pretty cards and see flops?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:04 PM

Sorry, should have included BB is Comma_D
Good player but tighter than some. I don't think he has a problem w/ me so I don't think I get a crazy spite call.