Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Watch Out For Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally will be increasing my donations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight. You won't vote for Ron Paul but you'll give his campaign money??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Paul can buy more campaign ads with money than votes.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally will be increasing my donations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight. You won't vote for Ron Paul but you'll give his campaign money??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Paul can buy more votes with money than votes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-05-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brief Hint: "Freedom is good", "Taxation, regulation, and government in general should all be smaller" and "End the war" all resonate. There is exactly one candidate who espouses any of these positions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-05-2007, 10:09 PM

It is sad that they are starting to kick independents out of the primaries. Most libraterians are independents.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:13 PM

Watch out for him? Why? Is he going to fart in that superhero suit and be jet propelled into someones house and destroy it?

At least if it was a Republican voters house he'd have some impact on the primaries.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is the possibility of independents and democrats turning out in large numbers for Paul in the primaries, but the deck is already stacked so strongly against him. Sorry, but thats the way it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't someone recently post something about how Republicans were trying to close most of their primaries so that only registered Repubs could vote in them?

I mean, strategy-wise, letting him get the nod would probably be the best thing the Repubs could do right now. He'd probably get a large portion of the independent vote, as well as lots of Dems, if Hillary gets on the ticket.

I guess we'll know soon enough if Repubs want to run someone who can win, or someone who shares more of their views but will lose.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would also like to point out that Dr. Paul's average donation was apparently $40. That leaves a LOT of room for repeat donations, not to mention new donators.

The people who think that "everyone who would vote for Dr. Paul are already supporting him" are going to be in for a big surprise. I'll let others elaborate. Brief Hint: "Freedom is good", "Taxation, regulation, and government in general should all be smaller" and "End the war" all resonate. There is exactly one candidate who espouses all of these positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul's anti-war stance doesn't resonate with the majority of registered Republicans. You underestimate how blindly bellicose and jingoistic most Republicans are. 69% of Republicans still approve of Bush ( http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...CTpNEgrmnvEVBA ) . Do you think the type of person who still approves of Bush is going to vote for Ron Paul? I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad liked Bush forever..then I introduced him to Ron, and he LOVES him. So yeah, anxnay on your ointpay.

edit: and so do some of his friends now too.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is the possibility of independents and democrats turning out in large numbers for Paul in the primaries, but the deck is already stacked so strongly against him. Sorry, but thats the way it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't someone recently post something about how Republicans were trying to close most of their primaries so that only registered Repubs could vote in them?

I mean, strategy-wise, letting him get the nod would probably be the best thing the Repubs could do right now. He'd probably get a large portion of the independent vote, as well as lots of Dems, if Hillary gets on the ticket.

I guess we'll know soon enough if Repubs want to run someone who can win, or someone who shares more of their views but will lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

They made this clear last election cycle in Texas where due to a technicality the Republican candidate couldn't be on the ticket in a dominantly Republican precinct and rather than supporting the Libertarian candidate, they tried to do a write in knowing it would fail. The Democratic candidate won in a landslide.

And then they turn around and tell us not to throw away our votes. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They made this clear last election cycle in Texas where due to a technicality the Republican candidate couldn't be on the ticket in a dominantly Republican precinct and rather than supporting the Libertarian candidate, they tried to do a write in knowing it would fail. The Democratic candidate won in a landslide.

And then they turn around and tell us not to throw away our votes. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would Republicans support the Libertarian? Most Republican are ideologically most closer to the Democrats (especially Southern Democrats, as in the case you cited), than they are to the Libertarian Party.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would Republicans support the Libertarian? Most Republican are ideologically most closer to the Democrats (especially Southern Democrats, as in the case you cited), than they are to the Libertarian Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what the Republicans and Democrats claim! (but I agree)