Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: this should be obvious, but unfortunately i suck

if you c/r... what % of the time do you think chantel is folding? also what % of the time do you think she has Qx beat? Assuming patrik is pretty competent, it seems like he'd have to fold Q9ish some ok % of the time here- but maybe i'm an nl donkey, surprised no one brought this up... it seems pretty easily the best play here so long as he views you as good and competent, and not overly spazzy.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:22 PM

durrrr,

also assuming patrik is pretty competent which i'm sure he is assuming newhizzle said he's v. good or something, he would be having to look newhizzle up a smaller % of the time than the % of the time he folds Q,9 and i don't think that's going to happen. but i guess it depends on newhizzle image at the time?
Old 10-06-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it really necessary to play suited junk from the bb after a raise on 1 cold-caller? And then after flopping top pair, of course folding is unthinkable?

I don't -- I can't -- play poker like this. I don't play this high online, and if you have to play like this to win, maybe this is a good reason why I don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

pf is very standard.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I missed/forgot about the comment that Chantel is awful. I agree that an awful player makes the implied odds worthwhile. But I'm not sure 5 to 1 is enough otherwise. Especially when opponents play well. Would you agree with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I'm be more inclined to fold this at a game this high where my perceived edge is so low. I'm sure some people are good enough to play this postflop against mediocre, average opponents though. I call this in my games though.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you c/r... what % of the time do you think chantel is folding? also what % of the time do you think she has Qx beat? Assuming patrik is pretty competent, it seems like he'd have to fold Q9ish some ok % of the time here- but maybe i'm an nl donkey, surprised no one brought this up... it seems pretty easily the best play here so long as he views you as good and competent, and not overly spazzy.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you suggesting the old bluff with value play?

i.e, fold the winner get called by the loser

i.e the stuff of LHE fairy tales.

Because I cant see any other reason for this line...

JT
Old 10-08-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok so yeah i definately suck, i was a little worried about patriks cold/call on the flop and didnt really see a worse hand calling a bet here very often as played, i checked, patriks bet, chantel called, i thought and folded, i got shown 99 and K7, nh patriks

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt the fact that chanel called, make you have to call. Also, what are you putting patrik on? Cant be a better queen cause u did not get raised on the turn. Were you worried about him hitting a kicker of some sort for a weird two pair? I'm shocked you folded that in this type of sh game.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durrrr,

also assuming patrik is pretty competent which i'm sure he is assuming newhizzle said he's v. good or something, he would be having to look newhizzle up a smaller % of the time than the % of the time he folds Q,9 and i don't think that's going to happen. but i guess it depends on newhizzle image at the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

your numbers are off [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 05:58 PM

Durr I actually kinda like your idea for a river checkraise, except I think it's for value and not as a bluff (though the idea itself as merit for being a good bluff in certain (namely, live...) games).

The thing about patrik is he overplays a lot of hands, and isn't a folder. I would largely suspect any Q or better gets capped by him on the flop.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Durr I actually kinda like your idea for a river checkraise, except I think it's for value and not as a bluff (though the idea itself as merit for being a good bluff in certain (namely, live...) games).

The thing about patrik is he overplays a lot of hands, and isn't a folder. I would largely suspect any Q or better gets capped by him on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

durrrr,

most of this is exactly what i was trying to say. Schneids is just much much smarter than me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 10:40 AM

if patrik is a handoverplayer what am i then?

anyway, this is a no brainer bet/call. The river is almost the biggest rag in the deck, i see nobody having here 33, so the only hand that beats u now is 54s of actnjunkie. patrik is stationing here with some 2nd pair or so, you have him beat. Get the value, [censored] on the 10-15% u arent ahead now!

-XeroX