[ QUOTE ]
Let diebetter mod The Lounge?

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, that would be perfect.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Why I don\'t mod the Lounge any more

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regardless, hopefully you'll have more time for good posts now that Wookie and Katy have to take the load [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are so many places we can go with this

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
metsandfinsfan
likes faceshots

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-05-2007, 01:33 PM

lollers
Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM

so what do you mod now diebitter?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I now personally see no reason for this forum to exist and propose that it promptly be abandoned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with this but not for the same reasons as adsman.

EDF and The Lounge have the exact same "charter" and purpose: mature, in-depth, deeper content posting. I understand The Lounge has its own "community" but it's what, and let's be honest here, 10 regular posters at most?

I think rolling these 2 forums up into 1 makes alot of sense. They are basically cannibalizing each other right now. The introduction and assimilation of the regular Lounge posters to EDF, or vice versa, would make for a more robust, entertaining single forum, imo.

-Al
Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 PM

But EDF forumers might not want to associate with loungers and vice versa. Like while a lot of the subject matter is similar styles and posters are not.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what do you mod now diebitter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Full Ring ldo
Old 10-05-2007, 02:36 PM

stabn, Al:

I don't think that's all that unreasonable a suggestion, though currently I see at least two things that would have to be changed to make it work in a way that I think makes sense for a number of experienced 2+2 users:

a) Game/list type threads like "Post a picture of your favorite DVD" or "Post a funny picture of a dog" would have to be moved to POG or LoL or someplace.

b) There were no restrictions/editing of people simply for tone/aggressiveness in heated discussions, as long as they were staying on topic and not being personally insulting or over-the-top offensive/antagonistic.

As I see it right now, the forums are like this:

EDF is OOT for people who have been around a while and are not interested in wading through tons of stuff, but instead want to check out a relatively small number of high-quality threads/posts with pretty much no restrictions on content.

Lounge is OOT for people who want a kinder, gentler, friendlier place to post whatever and play fun games and stuff. A safe haven for people who feel intimidated or turned off by the discussion on OOT.

BBV4L is OOT for people who want to focus on topics that are generally more of interest to younger people, is generally more focused on fun rather than serious discussion, and is very receptive to somewhat raunchier content.

I think the nature of the forums might be a little more different than you realize. Since the tug regime was put in place, the Lounge consistently has more posts than EDF. On the other hand, EDF consistently has more viewers than the Lounge. I think that speaks to the difference in nature between the forums and their respective groups of users.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But EDF forumers might not want to associate with loungers and vice versa. Like while a lot of the subject matter is similar styles and posters are not.

[/ QUOTE ]
When you're a Jet...
Old 10-05-2007, 02:44 PM

Diablo - nice post. You know since I am not a "Lounge regular", it's true I don't have a good feel for the forum.

I think what confuses me is the stated purpose of the Lounge (not only in the sticky, but IIRC the whole genesis of the forum), which to me is exactly what EDF offers, and what content actually gets posted in the Lounge.

For example, you mention these types of posts:

[ QUOTE ]
a) Game/list type threads like "Post a picture of your favorite DVD" or "Post a funny picture of a dog" would have to be moved to POG or LoL or someplace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which, haha yeah I guess they are there. But that seems, imo, quite antithetical to the stated purpose of the Lounge:

[ QUOTE ]
The Lounge and its posters pride themselves on quality content. This is not meant to discourage any insightful, interesting, or inquisitive posts that can generate good discussions and are otherwise up to the Lounge's standards for civility and SFW.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if the Lounge is (and it seems it might be) meaningfully different from EDF (e.g. it's siller, less focused on discussion content) a "merger" doesn't make as much sense...

-Al