Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Is it time to quit mtts when...

[ QUOTE ]
i've made some disgusting laydowns that nobody who reads these forums would make (top set w/ medium kicker, 45 of a 678 straight when i'm sure someone had 9 10...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...what can be worse than being "outkicked" with top set.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who [censored] cares? Honestly, I'm tired of reading this [censored]. Get the [censored] out. This is the problem with SSMTT - 4 out of every five posts these days is [censored] like this. It's like we are a waste ground for every [censored] who just took a bad beat in a tournament and wants to bitch and complain about it before relegating himself to his $40 BR and not trying to learn anything.

I mean, did you ever consider that SMALL TABLE TOURNAMENT STRATEGY is not the best place to post here. At least have the courtesy to figure out which [censored] place to put your piss and moan about how you didn't play in your bankroll and how you are now suffering.

I also think that posts like this should be locked immediately.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry, you're always so obscure. If you don't like the post, why not just come right out and say so?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont' know what post you were reading but it seems to me as if he doesn't like the post

[/ QUOTE ]

Crash is leveling...right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crash is coming in Barry's defense, someone said that he was being obscure, yet I felt his post was quite clear
Old 10-05-2007, 07:31 PM

Crash,
just in case you're serious,
"Barry, you're always so obscure..." was a joke. We all got it, including Barry, and it was funny.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha... y do people get so disgustingly mad at tales of misfortune???

[/ QUOTE ]

some people might get upset...ahem, barry...because this is a strat forum...save the tales of woe for bbv
Old 10-05-2007, 10:28 PM

Sengio,

No offense, but I am honestly quite close to personally requesting that the mods ban you.

I've found your posts to be ridiculous and that you are not able to find the appropriate forum to post. People have tried to be helpful and have indicated that you should post your complaints in Brags, Bad Beats, & Variance. However, it seems that you are unable to comply.

[ QUOTE ]
i would like to hear a tale of these bad beats and what they were... like were they top set? flush draws? or top 2 vs bottom 2 pr? or just the runner runner double gutshot? also what levels of tournaments and buy in size are you playing at.

i have many ugly things to tell about $2-$5 buy ins... and most of them as everyone knows revolve around the motherdonkey hand big slick which like Anna Kournikova - looks great but hardly wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of this belongs there. Your comment above Anna Kournikova is old and unoriginal. Who cares?

[ QUOTE ]
as for sng's, i've made some disgusting laydowns that nobody who reads these forums would make (top set w/ medium kicker, 45 of a 678 straight when i'm sure someone had 9 10... weak flushes). also i can say that on more than one occasion i've come back from a 100 to 1 chip deficit (literally 11500 player1, player2 3400, me 135ish... 3 handed)....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously newbish and in general bad advice.

[ QUOTE ]
don't overplay monsters, then scratch your head when someone who is there for "entertainment" reraises your check raise w/ bottom pair then hits a 5 outer or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

More for brags, bad beats, & variance.

[ QUOTE ]
my goal any tournament is #1... get to the money and don't waste your time and effort otherwise #2... smoke a pipe... u'll be zoned out, in the money and like "wow, that was quick" #3... play from there with a positive expectation.
and while doing this all you have to play your best game.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, this is terrible advice for MTTs.

[ QUOTE ]
and always remember Murphy's Law... If something can go wrong it probably will... You just have to learn to get around those problems.

poker's not for everyone but if you like to keep running yourself into a brick wall and expecting things other than a headache and stitches to happen...... get a helmet and protect ya neck???

[/ QUOTE ]

Newbish + Brags, Bad Beats, & Variance.

To be perfectly honest, almost everything you post either belongs in BBV or is newbish and poor advice.

Seriously, post appropriately in the correct places, pay attention to what people who actually know what they are doing are telling you, and read something in the anthology. Might I recommend MLG's post on evolving as a poker player. Otherwise, please leave.

Thanks,

Sherman
Old 10-05-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
8 bad beats....hah!!! talk to us when you have a real bad run

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually don't!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:20 PM

like i said... mean people...esp to sengio

i should request that you be banned sherm for being such a meanie-head. people are here to learn and if you examine all sides of some of the stuff i'm saying u'd learn that a few of the comments i made come down to 1. know your players u're up against. 2. getting off a hand when it's clear that you're beat, as opposed to putting your money in bad. 3. i guess nothing can go wrong on a table when you play like you're suppposed to??? 4. i guess i need to come up for a new nickname for AK... like Alottaheads Killedwiththishand because sherman obviously doesn't like to hear about females, esp communist tennis players.

sorry for you being named sherman, years of people poking fun at you for no good reason but a bad name is probably where you get all of your ill will from.

and u don't think that the post that $175/hr is sustainable on $50 nl is absurd???--- i think u're giving the guy too much hope and u'll have him back here complaining when he loses his cash 2 days later. i've worked w/ kids that get their internet accounts up to $2000 over the weekend then lose it all by monday.

also, i apologize for not being such a cunning linguist as you all are. i got the equivalent of a D or F (it was disgustingly low) on the essay portion on my MCAT's (med school entrance exams) so obviously i have no capability of constructing a well-written argument at all.

so... practice makes perfect and one day i'll make daddy sherman happy i hope by becoming much less of a noobian who can come up w/ something intelligent to say that is more serious than funny in nature.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i should request that you be banned sherm for being such a meanie-head.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite confident that most consider me to be a pretty level headed and considerate poster. But you are free to have your opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
1. know your players u're up against. 2. getting off a hand when it's clear that you're beat, as opposed to putting your money in bad. 3. i guess nothing can go wrong on a table when you play like you're suppposed to??? 4. i guess i need to come up for a new nickname for AK... like Alottaheads Killedwiththishand because sherman obviously doesn't like to hear about females, esp communist tennis players.

[/ QUOTE ]

In what way is any of this quality advice?

"Know your players u're up against."

Wow! Thank you for the brilliant insight. To me this is akin to a basketball coach telling his players to play better than the other team.

"getting off a hand when it's clear that you're beat, as opposed to putting your money in bad."

Again, wonderful insight here. Don't put your money in as an underdog. Did it every occur to you that most people are actually trying to do this all the time. Yet some 90% of players are lifetime losers...hmmm. To me this is akin to a basketball coach telling his players, "make the shots in the basket fellas!"

[ QUOTE ]
sorry for you being named sherman, years of people poking fun at you for no good reason but a bad name is probably where you get all of your ill will from.

[/ QUOTE ]

K. I'm really not going to honor this personal attack with a reply.

[ QUOTE ]
and u don't think that the post that $175/hr is sustainable on $50 nl is absurd???--- i think u're giving the guy too much hope and u'll have him back here complaining when he loses his cash 2 days later.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I never said that. Second of all, the guy who did was OBVIOUSLY joking. Everyone who has 1/2 a brain knows that isn't even close to sustainable. Check your sarcasm detector.

[ QUOTE ]
also, i apologize for not being such a cunning linguist as you all are. i got the equivalent of a D or F (it was disgustingly low) on the essay portion on my MCAT's (med school entrance exams) so obviously i have no capability of constructing a well-written argument at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with being a cunning linguist. It has to do with the fact that your posts are off topic and in no way productive to anyone on the forums.

Sengio, look. I am really a nice guy. In fact, if you posted a thread with content, I'd be happy to sincerely reply. I honestly felt like I was doing you a favor. Play poker, read the forums, read the anthology, then start posting. Then come back in a year and look at the first 27 posts you have made. I think you will be pleased with the progress you have made and laugh to yourself about these old threads.

Anyhow, I'm not going to sit here in a flame war with you. Best of luck.

Sherman
Old 10-06-2007, 08:11 PM

Sengio.. folding top set with medium kicker is always the standard play. Even if I have top set, top kicker; I proceed with caution. Someone probably has a straight draw that will come in on the turn and I want to minimize my losses when it hits.