Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: NL 200: Playing KK v. Wet Boards

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Open fold face-up to show him your great hand-reading skills (he has JT obv).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, nice try, but no cigar.

BB pushed. LP tanked. LP called. LP showed AA. Now LP has a story about how Daniel Negreanu hit a 2-outer on him.

Here's the story where you'll find Negreanu's reasoning on each street: http://www.cardplayer.com/magazine/article/16999.

I read it. I still don't get it. From the posts above, it doesn't seem like anyone gets it, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think the line in the OP with KK OOP has much going for it, but your OP didn't mention that the players were NL experts well versed in all the basics of NLHE and capable of multiple levels of thinking. In a game like that I suspect that you have to be willing to take some unusual lines, and additional risk, to surprise your opponents.

In Gordon's Little Blue Book he has a chapter called, "The Opposite." While the details of that hand are completely different than the OP, the theme is probably applicable. "Against an opponent who knows your game better than you do, mixing up your game is the only way to succeed..."

It is possible that the KK line in OP is done on purpose as the "opposite" of what the LP raiser would expect for deception. It is obviously not a recommended or standard line.