Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: AQ river decision

[ QUOTE ]
most of your hands are pretty bad. this one is no exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha funny
Old 10-05-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Baron,

You should be leading this thing through all the way. I don't care who your opponent is - you have a great hand and hit it! Play a bigger pot on the flop. Play a bigger pot on the turn - checking and calling is terrible. I would hate for it to go check/check on the turn with several draws present, too, so I would bet the turn out and call a raise. As played, bet and call a raise on the river.

Sucker

[/ QUOTE ]

Also what I was thinking..
I would 3-bet the flop and bet the turn..

Normally dont fast play aces, but given the drawy/widerange nature of this situation you really want him to pay those times he's raising a gutshot on the flop... Especially if youll be folding for one bet with hands like Q8o or whatever.

I sometimes do this with small pairs less than aces and >4s if hes really agressive, for the same reasons above. (plus hopefully he'll make a FTOP mistake on the turn).
Old 10-05-2007, 05:02 PM

anyways i checkraised but i think that was wrong. betting against this guy given that he's a NL player seems like the stronger play to me. he might not even value bet a flush which would be a huge loss for me.

also i dont want to go into why I didn't 3bet the flop but i think it's probably the right move in this spot
Old 10-05-2007, 08:11 PM

so er, what happened after you checkraised?
Old 10-08-2007, 01:33 PM

the only defensible reason to check the river is if he mindless 3barrels when checked to. but because the river is pretty ideal for made hands, he doesnt expect you to dump much. he would have to bank on you calling the flop raise with unders, and picking up a diamond draw that is good enough to call another bet with but not showdown unimproved. it's an absolutely awful board to 3barrel, and i dont think many observant players do.

value betting worse hands is extremely unlikely, though i think there's a good chance he pays off a c/r when he does just because of how dumb your line would have to look.

donking the river gets paid off by a lot because of how weird it looks, and probably gets bluff raised about as often as you get a bluff bet if you were to check.

3betting is trashy because hands that raise you are >= to your hand, or complete air that will insta-fold.