Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: baronzeus is in \"the well\"

bz,

i said something similar to schneids when he was in the well - i have railed you sometimes in big games and read your posts and have really gained a lot of respect for you. i play low (perpetually, i fear) but it makes me proud to learn on 2p2 that people like you exist [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i'm currently working on 1-1 NL SNGs. i used to play and really only think about 1-1 limit hold 'em and it remains my favorite game. is there any advice you have for improving? mostly i wonder about how to review my game and sessions. i know it's a really broad questions but before i took a break from limit after a quick 250 bb downer (i know that's not huge, especially for HU, but i was taking a prolonged shot so it was especially hard on my bankroll lol) i was having some trouble figuring out where my weaknesses were and also deciphering if i truly was just running bad or actually making some large mistakes.

any words of advice would be great, but mainly thanks for being a good poster and respectable product of the forum.

martin

p.s. your MHSH video was seriously funny
Old 10-05-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im going to bed, but ill respond to whatever you post when i wake up

[/ QUOTE ]

Rise and shine Mr Baron.

How long have you slept the longest? (my record is 21h after I visited the states and was severly jetlagged)
Old 10-07-2007, 06:56 PM

the biggest things are finding fish and value betting them. theres really not much more to it than that
Old 10-07-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Is there a story behind the name 'baronzeus'?
2) Is limit holde'em dying like some say?
3) What is ur general opinion of stox book if you have read it? Do u beat him at the tables?
4) What's the weirdest place you have ever played poker in?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. no, not really. made it up in 7th grade
2. yeah, somewhat. whatever though
3. never read it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
4. ive really never played anywhere but online
Old 10-07-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the biggest difference between 3/6ish levels and 30/60-50/100?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously the biggest thing is the number of good players. even the "fish" are decentand much less exploitable. however the rake is much lower so the games are just as "beatable" as the lower games.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:00 PM

my advice is to just read a lot of posts here and really game select well to learn how to best exploit the fish. theres no way to come out of a downswing but to run well.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:24 PM

Why am I so bad HU/3 handed? I'm pretty sure I am a lifetime losing player 3 handed. HU I am a winner but only because I just play awful players.

Why am I such a bankroll nit that I won't even consider taking shots without like 300-500 bets depending on what it is? Do you have any advice on running very well when shot taking because every time I take a shot I just go busto, get frustrated and then play smaller for what seems like forever.

Tell me about seat selection in online games. Like I'm not retarded and understand what makes certain seats better, but are there times where there is a decent game that you won't even sit in because your position relative to everyone is really bad?
Old 10-08-2007, 04:27 PM

HU/3 handed is all about hand reading and getting max value based on that information. Spend a few seconds and decide on what your opponent has, and THEN use that to decide what your best move is. Dont just raise mindlessly when you have a pair. Sometiems there are better ways of making money.

Being a bankroll nit is fine. I think the key thing is when taking shots is to be VERY careful as to what game you play in. If it's your first time in the game make sure you have a good seat at a good table. It's much more likely that you'll be successful if you do.

Seat selection can be weird. If you want to exploit someone for beign to loose and aggressive preflop, you need to sit in a seat that really puts him at a disadvantage. The best seat for that is usually on the left. If you are on his right, however, you need to be very careful what hands you are raising with, because you will be put in tons of tough spots throughout the game.

When someone is raising lightly and you have position on him, thats basically a green light to be reraising VERY lightly. Being in position is such an insane advantage that you can reraise with any hand you feel comfortable playing and try to isolate the guy.

With that, I'm closing up the well. Good luck at the tables everyone.