Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: the anti-drug, how well do you know your teen test

Neither, I think. My mom was always pretty invasive for the most part. She would go through my room/bag on a somewhat regular basis, and was very attentive to what i said i was doing/who i was going with/where i was going and all that jazz. I mean, i'm a good liar too, so that probably helped, but really, unless you're doing stupid [censored] like either leaving paraphernalia out where they're going to find it, or getting baked and then raiding the fridge in front of them, it's pretty easy to keep parents in the dark.

(on second thought, they might have known i was drinking, because i'd come home hungover, but my mom at least always seemed to believe me when i told her it was jsut from staying up all night watching movies or playing video games.)
Old 09-28-2007, 03:57 PM

Amusing. This test is the direct opposite of the best scientific evidence to date. Moderate marijuana use in teens is correlated with higher mental health. If your son reaches 15 and he appears well-adjusted, mentally healthy and has a large social group then it is more likely that he is a user, not less.

Based on personal experience fwiw; at university, all of the people I knew who graduated with a first or distinction were occasional or regular drug users. All of the people I knew who were in the anti-drug, I'll-never-use-that camp failed a year and had to repeat it.

Needless to say, if I ever had children and they didn't at least try marijuana then I would be a little concerned.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This test is the direct opposite of the best scientific evidence to date. Moderate marijuana use in teens is correlated with higher mental health.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think marijuana is usually fairly harmless for most people, but I have a hard time believing there is any scientific evidence correlating its use with higher mental health.

Are you actually serious about this (or am I too burnt out from years ago to know when I'm being leveled)?
Old 09-28-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This test is the direct opposite of the best scientific evidence to date. Moderate marijuana use in teens is correlated with higher mental health.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think marijuana is usually fairly harmless for most people, but I have a hard time believing there is any scientific evidence correlating its use with higher mental health.

Are you actually serious about this (or am I too burnt out from years ago to know when I'm being leveled)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am totally serious. I will attempt to find references if I have time.

I doubt that marijuana causes higher mental health fwiw, I expect that it's the other way around.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:26 PM

maybe its because the kid who is 16 and sits in his closet crying all the time has a tough time scoring drugs off his imaginary friends.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:40 PM

Screw some quiz online, I saw the home drug kits on sale at WalMart. Buy one of them and sit them on the kitchen counter, letting your teenager know that at any time, for any reason, they may be asked to take it. That's pretty anti-drug to me, and then you'll know for sure.

T
Old 09-28-2007, 06:46 PM

Good plan, my parents did this when I was 16. I saw them again about a year later.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:48 PM

This is stupid. Apparently I would have fallen in the high-risk category in high school and I didn't even drink.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:58 PM

I'm so [censored] sick of this fear-mongering [censored]. Yeah - most parents suck. So what?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:18 PM

This is hilarious, I answered never for almost all of the questions except obv standard one and it's "high risk" this really is fear-mongering bull [censored].