Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: 30PLO turn quads facing minraise?

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you ever want to play a worse-than-average hand in a raised pot out of position? If you're that desperate to play hands, you'd be better off adding another table.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I dont understand how one can profit from playing that garbage consistently OOP. Gordo could very well be a winning player, but this is not a winning call PF.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:52 PM

Sigh... I can't believe some of the responses in here sometimes. FWIW, Gordo is probably one of, if not THE biggest winner who posts here regularly. You don't have to incorporate it in your game, but to dismiss his view without thinking about it foolish.

Any four cards can win?
You don't know what you have until you see a flop?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh... I can't believe some of the responses in here sometimes. FWIW, Gordo is probably one of, if not THE biggest winner who posts here regularly. You don't have to incorporate it in your game, but to dismiss his view without thinking about it foolish.

Any four cards can win?
You don't know what you have until you see a flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misread my post. I did not make a judgment as to whether or not Gordo's comment on pf play was right or wrong. I was pointing out that dismissing a viewpoint without thinking about it is a bad choice.

I usually fold this hand to a raise, but it got me thinking about blind defense and the factors that go into making a decisions in the blinds. It makes me ask whether or not I am missing out on EV in my blinds.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:18 PM

Trash hand hits its dream flop.

Fold preflop to this raise. Huge leak to call with this hand to raise OOP.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:30 PM

When you analyze a hand you have to do more than just look at its preflop strength. You have to analyze how well you play, the range your opponent holds. Is it very narrow and therefore calling with a hand like this is not bad. Does he play bad? How well can I play past the flop. When someone asks for advice about this hand from .15/.3, its not so much that we are assuming the OP is bad, but that we don't have the time to analyze all these other factors that are pertinent to this particular scenario. So sure, calling there has merits, *IF* a bunch of auxillary factors create a positive EV situation. Gordo is obviously very good and he can play those hands profitably. When we give advice to an assumed *average* player...they cannot.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you misread my post. I did not make a judgment as to whether or not Gordo's comment on pf play was right or wrong. I was pointing out that dismissing a viewpoint without thinking about it is a bad choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who says it's standard to call from the SB with K653ss after the button makes a pre-flop pot-raise behind two limpers is literally begging to have his comments dismissed without thinking.

It's categorically awful under any circumstance other than HU. And even then it's questionable (not no mention - impossible since there would be no limpers and he'd be in the BB).

As for the OP, just smash it back at him and hope he's dumb enough to call with a big pair. If he has any brains he isn't calling a river bet bigger than $1 or so anyway.