Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: 6.50 - 88 on Bubble, 3 identical stacks with CL pushing

winning fish = total fish?

Doubling up on the bubble only increases your ICM x1.6...

So unless you are WAYYYYYYYYY ahead, you should pretty much never be calling. 88 is not WAYYYYYYY ahead, especially if he's pushing reasonably tight.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 PM

It's probably a fold at the 6.5 and a call at the 27+.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:46 PM

This is a fold.
Average $6.50 villians are not pushing wide enough and the ones that do push wide enough to call are good winning reulars whom you should not be sitting at the same table with.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
60% of the prize pool is awarded once the bubble bursts. Missing out on that with 4 players left is devastating.

There are a ton of spots where I'd slightly lower my chances of winning the whole thing if it significantly increased my chances of making the final 3.

Feel free to tell me why this is backwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, just stop with embarrassing yourself. If you're going to advocate a fold, at least give sensible reasons like the post from kamel. You do know that players like you who freeze up on the bubble thinking only "I must survive till the final 3 I don't wanna finish 4th", 9 times out of 10 finish 4th against sharks right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you're the one who is embarrassing yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT,

I think this is a pretty easy fold. I think you need a pretty set read (SHOVING EVERYHAND). Your only in SB and should have an opportunity to pwn the next hand.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:47 PM

It's funny, that I'm getting called a 'fish' by NITs who freeze on the bubble and play scared and start thinking about all kinds of scary-as-hell odds. You want to fold, fold, that's fine by me, but don't call me names as if calling is a donk move lol.

FYI the last 5 tourneys I played online were all $55+ buy-in MTTs and each time I was low stack on the bubble and ended up FIRST. And I only play SNGs for fun as cash game is my main stay where a lot more money is made. So I guess there's not much point staying in this particular forum if most of you make in a year what I make in a day and then attack me..... apologise to those who aren't low stakes NITs...... ok BYEBYE [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 PM

lol you can't be serious, whose gimmick are you???

Go back to the HSNL forum I think they miss your insightful and well thought out comments.

Wow speaking of statistics care to share a username so I could verify said infomration and add you to my buddy list.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:04 PM

If I knew people are folding hands like that on the bubble I'd push every hand. Easy call IMO
Old 09-19-2007, 12:23 AM

I'd fold to an average $6.50er, call against a decent reg.

[ QUOTE ]
If I knew people are folding hands like that on the bubble I'd push every hand. Easy call IMO

[/ QUOTE ]
If I knew people were pushing every hand on the bubble I'd call with hands like that.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI the last 5 tourneys I played online were all $55+ buy-in MTTs and each time I was low stack on the bubble and ended up FIRST.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya and first place probably paid something like 50 times the buyin and the bubble and the next 100 spots pays back your buy in or just a little bit more. Hopefully you can see the difference between a MTT bubble and a SnG bubble based on payouts.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny, that I'm getting called a 'fish' by NITs who freeze on the bubble and play scared and start thinking about all kinds of scary-as-hell odds. You want to fold, fold, that's fine by me, but don't call me names as if calling is a donk move lol.

FYI the last 5 tourneys I played online were all $55+ buy-in MTTs and each time I was low stack on the bubble and ended up FIRST. And I only play SNGs for fun as cash game is my main stay where a lot more money is made. So I guess there's not much point staying in this particular forum if most of you make in a year what I make in a day and then attack me..... apologise to those who aren't low stakes NITs...... ok BYEBYE [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
i lol'd
2x