Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: A software I would love to have

[ QUOTE ]
if someone wrote one that was good enough (i would have to try it first) i would gladly pay several hundred for it

[/ QUOTE ]

several hundred? Are you serious?? Try 000s

The program spoken of, would make an already good player, nigh perfect with enough practice. It would be the end of high stakes online poker...

JT
Old 09-19-2007, 09:34 AM

There is one. It's called Microsoft Excel.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is one. It's called Microsoft Excel.

[/ QUOTE ]

How should I use excel in a smart way to analyze lines? Seems like lots and lots of work.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The program spoken of, would make an already good player, nigh perfect with enough practice. It would be the end of high stakes online poker...

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. There would still be many things seperating world class from very good. By mixing up ur play u can confuse someone who only tries to play by a software like this, because the ranges he puts into the software will be off => his strategy will be off. Also, u need to be good at estimating ranges.

But I think the level of play would increase singificantly and also that the discussions in this forum would never be the same.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:23 PM

It is possible because the combination of two different programs has what you want. Poker Acedemy allows you to define ranges of hands for each player. But it does not let you program robots to play hands a certain way and does not run high speed simulations. Turbo Texas Holdem allows for high speed simulations and lets you program robots. But it does not let you define ranges of hands for different players. If the features of these two programs were combined you could do what you want.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

dont feel bad, they actually think you are really talking about writing a bot. some people have never gone through the trouble of doing all this work manually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get why they think it's a bot. It would only analyze one isolated hand. Nothing to do with bots really. I was thinking of this when I was analyzing a blind-steal hand. It takes lots and lots of totally unnecessarily hand calclations to analyze a very basic hand. This tool would make it a lot easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

The relationship between this tool and the bot is the following. This tool can present the EVs for various lines and we can look at the EVs and decide which plays would be the most profitable. The bot's decision making routine could calculate the same EVs and then use them to choose an action.

Regardless, this is a nice tool but as the other posters said I am not sure it is something that will be released commercially since the number of people that would be interested in it would be a select few and its the type of thing that's worth a lot to have but not worth much to sell if you know what I mean.

Terence.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. There would still be many things seperating world class from very good. By mixing up ur play u can confuse someone who only tries to play by a software like this, because the ranges he puts into the software will be off => his strategy will be off. Also, u need to be good at estimating ranges.

But I think the level of play would increase singificantly and also that the discussions in this forum would never be the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well worded. I agree with your conclusions completely.

Terence.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 PM

I thought this thread was gonna be about APs omnivision mode.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:18 PM

line analysis is the future of online poker.

and whoever said there are no nl bots, way off by several years.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think generally if i wrote this tool it would expose TONS of leaks in my game. i would literally be unstoppable.

also i would never ever sell it. its far far more valuable than you think pokerbob.

if someone wrote one that was good enough (i would have to try it first) i would gladly pay several hundred for it

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah wtf. i loled when someone said $40 = reasonable.