Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Some Advice Please

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious, who the hell are you to say all this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know, but it looks like you have an attitude problem. You asked people to help you. Maybe you shouldn't be so eager to attack people who took the time to respond thoughtfully, even if you disagree with the answers.

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize to put money on a Poker site you need a Debit or Credit card, is this not correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I don't believe that is correct.

[ QUOTE ]
You have absolutely NO idea about my economic situation and you shouldn't pretend you do.

[/ QUOTE ]
You used a computer to post. That should put you above the subsistence farmer level. Isn't it a safe guess that your time is worth more than $1/hour? Making a real deposit may save you a lot of time. I built a substantial bankroll from a free $5 I received for a royal flush at a play money table, but that was just to say that I did it. It would have saved me a lot of time to deposit $50 or $200.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 AM

There are affiliates who can get you some no deposit free money into your account at certain sites. I won't post affiliate's names here since prolly violated 2+2 policy or something. google free money no deposit poker or something like that and sort through the results. I urge you not to use the first site that comes up, since they regularly spam 2+2, so I don't like the idea of anyone giving them business. You will be able to get at least $50 to play on some sites.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:23 AM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize to put money on a Poker site you need a Debit or Credit card, is this not correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not correct. It's possible to use just a regular checking or savings account, or even a wire transfer.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:11 AM

Haji,

You don't need a credit card all you need is a bank account. If you don't have a bank account, do you have a friend that plays online already? You can give him/her cash and they can transfer you the money... that is what I did. It is well worth it to put $10-50 bucks in if you can make $$$$$. I knoe exactly what you mean about not having any cash to spare! BUT if you are good it is worth it! Maybe if you have a good friend they will let you borrow the money from them and you can pay them back with your winnings... bankroll you so to speak. Tell them it is an investment [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haji,

You don't need a credit card all you need is a bank account. If you don't have a bank account, do you have a friend that plays online already? You can give him/her cash and they can transfer you the money... that is what I did. It is well worth it to put $10-50 bucks in if you can make $$$$$. I knoe exactly what you mean about not having any cash to spare! BUT if you are good it is worth it! Maybe if you have a good friend they will let you borrow the money from them and you can pay them back with your winnings... bankroll you so to speak. Tell them it is an investment [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can’t agree with this. This is a newbie player who should not be borrowing money to play. Yes if he can get a backer that if he wins shares profits then fine. But you cannot promise to pay back from your winnings. That may never happen.

There is a big mis-conception at times that you put in a bit of effort and you will be a winner. The majority of players lose money – if they did not we would have no winners.

And pzhon, I know what you are saying but this is a beginners forum and I do think a little less aggression in replies should be shown as a result.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:31 PM

I think maybe you took what I was saying wrong. I don't mean that you can promise them the money back. They should only give you the money if they are okay with it being lost. A friend let me have $30 + I put in $20 = $50. You do need to be careful not to promise someone their money back. However, if they are a good friend or friends, they may do it even though they know you may lose it. You may offer them a % of winnings if they let you loan the money and if you lost it they need to be willing to accept it as a loss. This would be especially good if several friends were involved, and they gave you an inconsquential amount of money. But it was only a suggestion and it is based a lot on the relationship you have with your friends. MANY pro players have been bankrolled so it is not a bad suggestion. I do understand why you would want to warn against it, but he could just explain to his friend/s that it is possible to lose the money and never get it back.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious, who the hell are you to say all this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know, but it looks like you have an attitude problem. You asked people to help you. Maybe you shouldn't be so eager to attack people who took the time to respond thoughtfully, even if you disagree with the answers.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I don't believe that is correct.

[ QUOTE ]
You have absolutely NO idea about my economic situation and you shouldn't pretend you do.

[/ QUOTE ]
You used a computer to post. That should put you above the subsistence farmer level. Isn't it a safe guess that your time is worth more than $1/hour? Making a real deposit may save you a lot of time. I built a substantial bankroll from a free $5 I received for a royal flush at a play money table, but that was just to say that I did it. It would have saved me a lot of time to deposit $50 or $200.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to get in to my personality with some stranger on the internet...the person who I resonded to didn't respond thoughtfully, it was purely condesending. If you look at this thread, anyone who answered my question with civility recieved the same from me. Consequently, anyone who decided to get richetous over the internet recieved the same from me. I think thats fair.

Everyone else, thank you for the info.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:47 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
This is a newbie player who should not be borrowing money to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she means that Haji should give the friend the money he wants deposited, and then the friend simply takes that money and deposits it, i.e. the friend is the middle man and not the actual funder.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:49 PM

Oh, and I appreciate the apology Peieus.

And for the person who cited my computer as evidence that I have some money should know thats actually a big reason why I'm in a tough financial situation, [censored] expensive.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:56 PM

One thing I would add is be careful which site you're on if you're only looking to put $10 on... mine has a $50 minimum.

If you don't have the cash, running free-rolls might be a lot of work, but it's great experience for the end game after you get past the first 2.5 hours. I read an article earlier about a pro who was trying to go from 0 to 10,000, and he started w/ free-rolls. Win a free-roll, then take your winnings and go play some $1 or $.50 sit-n-goes (if they're your gig) or build up off of sit-n-goes until you can join some cash tables.

What I did on my site was play a free-roll where I won $.47, then used $.25 as a buy-in to a qualifier for a $10k guaranteed (which has a $5 buy-in). Qualified, and finished high enough that I was paid I think about $8. That was then enough to min (w/ $4) a .05/.10 cash game...