Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: NL 50 weird KK spot

If you had some kind of stats or specific reads on the guy I could see slowing down. Otherwise, push on the gas preflop. This guy doesn't even have a full buy-in so I don't mind stacking off here at all.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:31 AM

I'm all for going with your reads. If you read him for aces you should fold but you need to base your read on something. If you played him before and have seen him take this line with aces I would say this may be a good read.

As it is villain seems unknown to you so you should be looking to get it all in with your kings. I'd also call pre-flop so queens and jacks don't get scared but I'd take the initiative with the betting and look to build up a pot.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:58 PM

sounds crazy, but i actually agree with the way OP played this.. after playing about 60k hands at NL 50 on full tilt, i've seldom seen people reraise in that manner with only QQ or AK. the players here are just so freakin tight. IRL i'm pushing KK against anyone..

i've been all in preflop KK vs AA 5 times this month, and every time it was this same situation, so i've resorted to just calling a player down.

as for firing 15 on the flop to get information, i think its pretty hard to get any info from doing that if you only have 50 dollars.. 7.5 preflop, 15 on the flop, he raises all in for 28 more, does that really show the difference between QQ and AA?

i'm probably just a pansy, but I prefer to stay on the safe side, and i dont mind seeing a flop and letting a hand play out.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:29 PM

I really think checking the flop is the best play, but I probably raise the river if I didn't get it in preflop or on the turn.