Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: borgata 25-50: kinda gross spot preflop with QQ

[ QUOTE ]
lolz

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All he ever did was post worthless 1-word sentences in other people's strategy threads. The only time he'd post something with substance was in one of his own threads where he needed help.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-17-2007, 04:47 PM

it WAS a great game, and i'd say that a game with lots of loose CALLING would generally be considered a better game than one with hyper-aggro 3betting, no? and this game was the former, not the latter, so this guy's late-position limp-raise definitely threw me off.

john the lawyer was in the game as well, he saw this thread and we talked about it a little last night, maybe he'll chime in on whether my assessments of game conditions and relevant players are accurate (or at least fair).
Old 09-17-2007, 05:29 PM

Seems like call is best.

Given your description of likely action, playing for set value alone has to be better than folding, and sane hijacks are likely to fold when behind and jam when ahead if you raise.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:43 PM

99% that this villain is neither imaginative nor ballsy enough to do this with anything besides aces. And if you flop a Q you bust him.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:42 AM

This is AA almost always. You get yourself into a very tricky spot when the flop comes babies. Muck.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:45 AM

I agree with CTS, they have it like always here, even though it seems so crazy. I'd fold this given the dynamics of the game. I like shoving/raising the least, fwiw.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with CTS, they have it like always here, even though it seems so crazy. I'd fold this given the dynamics of the game. I like shoving/raising the least, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree as well, but I still like calling and trying to spike a Q here since the pot will probably end up being multiway.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:47 AM

? dude made it 2000. it's not going to be a multiway pot. and even then he has 11,000 left, personally if i'm going against someone who i'm putting on a big pp, i'm not paying them off when a K or a Q hits and they are too eager to get it all in (or maybe a J and 10 in this position where the raiser raised from position and called). meaning i don't think you get my whole stack.
if you call with a smaller pair and hit then you might but even then i only have 11,000 behind me after a 2000 preflop raise so its not like you are getting a great return on your investment.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
? dude made it 2000. it's not going to be a multiway pot. and even then he has 11,000 left, personally if i'm going against someone who i'm putting on a big pp, i'm not paying them off when a K or a Q hits and they are too eager to get it all in (or maybe a J and 10 in this position where the raiser raised from position and called). meaning i don't think you get my whole stack.
if you call with a smaller pair and hit then you might but even then i only have 11,000 behind me after a 2000 preflop raise so its not like you are getting a great return on your investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

This contradicts OP's read below. Just call and flop a set and stack 2 villains.

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think calling is great, because button is stuck and has been trying to play big pots; if i flatcall, he's very likely to come along as well, and then ep limper will probly call too, thinking "omg pot-odds." and we'd have 4 to the flop with almost 9k in the pot already,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is AA almost always. You get yourself into a very tricky spot when the flop comes babies. Muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You contradict yourself. If this is AA almost always, babies flop is an easy fold.