Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Fathers, Watch Your Daughters

I have had to teach sex ed classes in middle schools here in Kentucky. We are not allowed to tell them about condoms.

You teach them about std's, then you teach them ways to avoid situations where you might be pressured to have sex.

Then you teach them how to say no to sex.

Churches are afraid to tell children about condoms is why we cant teach about it here in Kentucky.

The sex ed classes are such a joke, but you have no choice really on what to teach.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean that they don't tell children that condoms and STDs exist, or that they just tell kids that abstinence is the only method available, as opposed to being the preferred method?

[/ QUOTE ]
Neither. They tell the kids about condoms and STDs, but only that condoms are not effective in preventing STDs.

Not in Kentucky. We tell them abstinence is the only method. You cant say anything about condoms.

You can tell them about STD's though. That and refusal skills are the 2 biggest parts of sex ed.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V82I7vgzfgE

(go to 1:40)

-"Show the average American teenage male a condom and his mind will turn to thoughts of lust."

-"Show the average American teenage male a lug wrench and his mind will turn to thoughts of lust."
Old 09-18-2007, 12:13 AM

heh i went to a catholic high school and third period my theology teacher was telling me not to have sex until i was married and fourth period my health teacher was telling me to put a condom on
Old 09-18-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a birth control method and STD preventative, abstinence is 100% effective. I don't know what an abstinence only sex education is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Teenagers don't 100% listen to their 3rd-period health teacher, esp if drunk or high?

The hell you say!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heh i went to a catholic high school and third period my theology teacher was telling me not to have sex until i was married and fourth period my health teacher was telling me to put a condom on

[/ QUOTE ]

went to an all-male catholic school, they didnt even teach us anything about abstinence, just protection, but I tended to zone out.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:00 AM

Strange as these events may seem, I have never known a guy who loved a woman and was happy because she was not a virgin prior to meeting her. Yet I know lots of cases where men have been very upset to learn that their "one and only" lost their virginity to someone else. Women don't seem to care about this as much.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Strange as these events may seem, I have never known a guy who loved a woman and was happy because she was not a virgin prior to meeting her. Yet I know lots of cases where men have been very upset to learn that their "one and only" lost their virginity to someone else. Women don't seem to care about this as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

/Wave
No [censored] way do I want to date or marry a virgin.

Also, your post reinforces the prior point about treating females like property. Exactly why should a woman deny herself sex for years so that her husband won't be mildly disappointed that he's not the first? Frankly, why should a woman even marry a guy who's going to get all worked up over it at all?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:15 AM

My wife and I were both virgins when we married.
We are both very happy about that fact.

However, I would be lying if I didn't say that we sometimes wonder what it would have been like with someone else.
Is it different in any way?

The Talmud says that when a widow and widower marry it is like having 4 people in bed because each one is thinking of their previous partner.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:23 AM

Yes, it can be quite different, for better or for worse.

Some people really get off on the thrill of a new partner, but the best sex I've had has been with women once we've gotten used to each other.