Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Right handed vs left handed things

Also, it was Cartman's left hand that became Jennifer Lopez and took care of Ben.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How common is it to use differant hands for certain things, for instance: I write with my left hand but throw with my right hand. Why would I do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a conversation at work recently. One person in the conversation throws a baseball right handed but throws a football left handed. This perplexes me.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:06 PM

I'm left handed and do almost everything with my left hand. I play guitar now, and before I did I would air guitar right handed- it seemed right. But I couldn't actually play right-handed, so for real guitars I switched back to left, and that seems right now.

I also have the fork/knife thing. Cutting meat is one of three things I can do with my right hand, and I can't operate a fork with my right (even for cutting) so I just do that.

FWIW the other two things I can operate right handed are computer mice and frisbees.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. jimmy hendrix was a left hander.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but my understanding is that he played a guitar strung for a right hander turned upside down.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. jimmy hendrix was a left hander.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but my understanding is that he played a guitar strung for a right hander turned upside down.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he played a right hand guitar turned around and restrung for a lefty.

Dilz
Old 09-15-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm left handed and do almost everything with my left hand. I play guitar now, and before I did I would air guitar right handed- it seemed right. But I couldn't actually play right-handed, so for real guitars I switched back to left, and that seems right now.

I also have the fork/knife thing. Cutting meat is one of three things I can do with my right hand, and I can't operate a fork with my right (even for cutting) so I just do that.

FWIW the other two things I can operate right handed are computer mice and frisbees.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just realized, I throw a frisbee left handed. That and throwing a baseball are the two athletic things I do left handed.

nath, what about scissors, can openers, etc?

Edit: You should seriously consider going right handed on guitar if you're not already set in your ways. It makes things way easier when you don't have your own with you but have a chance to borrow someone else's.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:15 PM

Hendrix could play lefty and righty, with the strings either way. Normally he just used a righty guitar because there just weren't many lefty guitars around. It also gave him easier access to the tremolo bar, tone/volume controls and pick-up selector, all of which he used alot.
The fretboard isn't as accessible up near the body but he had really long fingers.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:45 PM

Kinda OT, but do you guys think lefties are usually a bit more ambidextrous? If so, is it just because they use their off hand more often out of necessity or is it more intrinsic to being left handed?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nath, what about scissors, can openers, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]
Um... I think mostly left handed. I just invert the scissors or something-- I learned some way to use normal scissors as a lefty that I can't even remember. Can openers, I don't remember what I do differently because it's been so long since I used one, but I'm pretty sure I can use them.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: You should seriously consider going right handed on guitar if you're not already set in your ways. It makes things way easier when you don't have your own with you but have a chance to borrow someone else's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah... it's been six years already. And I've tried and it just doesn't work for me- I'm wired to be left-handed. And yes, I had to start collecting because nobody ever has a lefty guitar for me to mess around with.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:08 AM

I was really hoping this was a thread about masturbation.