Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: transition to 2-4nl 20k hand stat checkup

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whats everyones wwsf?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will vary according to a lot of factors. The higher your prf the higher it will be, since as a ratio fewer of your hands are free looks from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am no expert on W$WSF, but I would assume the above is only true if you are assuming the same VPIP. Intuitively, it seems to me that the higher the VPIP, the lower W$WSF should be assuming exact same post-flop skill level.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whats everyones wwsf?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will vary according to a lot of factors. The higher your prf the higher it will be, since as a ratio fewer of your hands are free looks from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am no expert on W$WSF, but I would assume the above is only true if you are assuming the same VPIP. Intuitively, it seems to me that the higher the VPIP, the lower W$WSF should be assuming exact same post-flop skill level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's intuitive, as far as I can tell it's wrong though.

When someone limps and you complete your SB or check the BB your w$wsf will be very low due to weak hands, bad position and lack of initiative. If you play more hands from situations where you are not in the blinds then you will have a slightly weaker range and will win slightly fewer of those hands on average. However, that effect is swamped by the fact that, of the times you saw a flop, a smaller percentage will be in unraised pots out of the blinds.

That's why Samo, for example, had a sick 48% w$wsf. I've been able to do >50% playing 40/30 at 200NL.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whats everyones wwsf?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will vary according to a lot of factors. The higher your prf the higher it will be, since as a ratio fewer of your hands are free looks from the blinds. The site you play on will make a difference. FR vs 6m makes a difference.

Generally I think it should be 44 or higher for most people when playing well though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree that raising more hands correlates to a higher W$SF%, at least that wasn't the case for me. My W$SF was 41-42 playing around 25/20, but I've made some pretty big changes in my preflop game and tightened up a bit to around 21/18 and my W$SF is around 48, and I'm not up a lot of money either so I'm definitely not running hot, although I'm probably winning more than my fair shair of smaller pots, but I am playing a bit more aggressive postflop for sure but it was natural due to the fact that I was playing stronger hands and took advantage of my image.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP - if you really want usefull feedback post your sn and site instead of stats

[/ QUOTE ]

dont feel comfortable doing that, you all do to good against me as it is.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:21 PM

I would have that that W$WSF was mainly a function of the kind of tables you are playing on. If you are playing in good games, where people frequently call your raises preflop, your W$WSF will be much lower than in tighter, tougher games where people frequently fold to your PF raises. Is this wrong?