Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: my favorite thing about pro wrestlers

[ QUOTE ]
Is that I know that the fifteen year old black belt in my judo class could murder any of them in a minute flat. hahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, but I'm sure the 15 year old's got spunk
Old 09-11-2007, 01:41 PM

Snowball,you remind me of those kids who took some sort of karate classes when they were like 8, so from then on (until they're about 12) they thought they were huge BAMFs, and could take anyone down. Then they learned the hard way it wasn't true...

edit:I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but that's just how some of the stuff you say comes off.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:54 PM

so a 15 yo pissant in your judo gym can beat gold medalist kurt angle. you suck at logic. its true its true.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does your judo school do a lot of newaza or w/e? Bc if not he's getting raped by brock lesner types.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we do a lot of newaza. Obv I'm only talking about pro wrestlers who don't have a real fighting background, which AFAIK, is the huge majority of them.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so a 15 yo pissant in your judo gym can beat gold medalist kurt angle. you suck at logic. its true its true.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol do you know what logic is?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, a 15 year old judo "expert" is going to take this guy down.

[ QUOTE ]
Lesnar grew up on a farm near Webster, South Dakota. He took up wrestling and went from a 3rd place finish at the South Dakota prep championships to a 33-0 record in his senior year of high school. Choosing minute Bismarck Junior College in North Dakota, Brock first earned his keep by winning the Heavyweight bracket in the North Dakota State University's annual Bison Open Tournament by beating Brent Boeschans of Minnesota, a school that was/is a major force in the world of NCAA wrestling. In 1998, Brock won his 2nd straight Bison Open title, and became the Heavyweight (285 lbs.) bracket champion in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), just before BJC discontinued its wrestling program due to financial cuts following the 1997-98 school year. Minnesota wrestling coach J Robinson watched Brock in awe at the Finals of the NJCAA and managed to sign him to transfer to Minnesota. In just 2 years at BJC, Brock had accumulated a 56-3 record.

Now as a member of the Minnesota Gophers, Brock seized the attention of Big Ten and NCAA wrestling fans with his chiseled, ripped physique and a Bill Goldberg-like dominance of opponents, going 24-1 in his first year, with his only loss coming from Iowa State's Trent Hynek). Wading through the competition, Minnesota won the Big Ten wrestling title in 1999, ending a 25 year win streak of arch-rival Iowa. Unfortunately, Lesnar lost in the finals of the NCAA Championships to Stephen Neal of Cal State-Bakersfield in a 3-2 decision that cost Minnesota a chance to be National Champions; arch-rival Iowa won instead.

In 2000, Brock and company wanted to prove that 1999 was no fluke. As he had in the past, Lesnar tossed aside all opponents, coasting to a 26-1 record (with his defeat at the hands of a close 5-3 decision from Iowa's Wes Hand) and ranked as the #1 heavyweight in the Big Ten. Brock avenged his loss by destroying the Heavyweight bracket at the NCAA finals, then defeating Hand with a 3-2 decision in overtime with an escape in the final match, achieving a lifelong dream by becoming an NCAA heavyweight champion. Overall, his career wrestling record is 106-5 (56-3 at BJC, 50-2 at Minnesota).

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand OP's point. Could a kid who's extremely good at Judo take down someone like Hulk Hogan? Most likely. Hogan has no real experience as a fighter.
I don't believe he could take down some of these guys who were wrestling stars in college, or the olympics. There is a reason that many pro wrestlers have been able to make the jump to MMA. Speaking of MMA, what about Ken Shamrock? He used to be a pro wrestler, you can't think this kid could beat Shamrock...
Old 09-11-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so a 15 yo pissant in your judo gym can beat gold medalist kurt angle. you suck at logic. its true its DAMN true.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-11-2007, 02:19 PM

I think OP is a moran... a weak ass 15 year old couldnt touch a 200+lb wrestler. Even if they werent trained in fighting, they're still strong as hell, coordinated as hell, and tough. I wouldnt bet that even the world champ 15 year old judo kid could beat john cena or hell, even some one gay like x-pac.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think OP is a moran... a weak ass 15 year old couldnt touch a 200+lb wrestler. Even if they werent trained in fighting, they're still strong as hell, coordinated as hell, and tough. I wouldnt bet that even the world champ 15 year old judo kid could beat john cena or hell, even some one gay like x-pac.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol "strong as hell" NOT GONNA HELP WHEN YOU ARE GETTING THROWN ON YOUR HEAD
Old 09-11-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this kid would spike goldberg on his head, then break both his arms in 45 seconds or less. The last 10-15 seconds he would strangle him to death. ship the 187 on a MFing roidrager

[/ QUOTE ]

Goldberg wasn't that great of a wrestler, but he did play in the NFL. He knows a little about leverage.

Also, ban for anti-semitism.