Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: what do you think when a female gets moved to your table?

How do you know it's not? Have you all of the statistics for every tournament being held at all times in all poker rooms through out the world?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:14 PM

Because it makes no sense. In any given tournament there may be 1-5 very very good male players but in most tournaments there probably isn't a single very good female player. That means the equity of the good players will take away from how often the girls win.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you know it's not? Have you all of the statistics for every tournament being held at all times in all poker rooms through out the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

how many women have won wpt main events? shouldn't there be about one per 20 tournaments, by your argument?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hotel, on average on the women make up 5 percent of the field. That means that for every 20 players, only 1 of them is a woman.

If you wanted to carry that further, that would mean if you held the same tourney every day at the same time with the same rules, that once every 20 days (on average) a woman would win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why isn't that found to be the result?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was getting at..
Old 09-12-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of Women Only tournaments and avoid them like the plague...because of the wide variance of inexperience and my desire to at least play with people who know when they have the winning hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how many women have won wpt main events? shouldn't there be about one per 20 tournaments, by your argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, but how long have a more that just a few (IE: 2 or 3) women been playing in WSOP ME's? How many years did the WSOPME run before the FIRST woman played in one?

BTW, women have made it to the final table, Barb Enright made it to 5th place in a WSOP ME.

Plus, I'm talking over all statistics for ALL tournaments, period.

In the WSOP ME, does anyone know this year, what percentage of the field were women? I think it was even less than 5 percent, but I'm not sure on that fact.

Also, how many of those women, have been playing longer than a few years?

In addition, you didn't answer my question. Do you have all the statistics for all the tournaments in the whole wide world, to back up your claim that women are not winning tournaments (as much as you think they should be winning them)?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, but how long have a more that just a few (IE: 2 or 3) women been playing in WSOP ME's? How many years did the WSOPME run before the FIRST woman played in one?

BTW, women have made it to the final table, Barb Enright made it to 5th place in a WSOP ME.

In the WSOP ME, does anyone know this year, what percentage of the field were women? I think it was even less than 5 percent, but I'm not sure on that fact.

In addition, you didn't answer my question. Do you have all the statistics for all the tournaments in the whole wide world, to back up your claim that women are not winning tournaments (as much as you think they should be winning them)?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok then. i say men win 99.999999999999999999999999% of all tournaments. when you get all the stats of every tournament, worldwide, ever, that prove otherwise, than you win.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when your arguement comes down to arguing that a person does not have the raw statistical data to back up their claim, yet you provide no evidence of your own, then you probably are presenting a fairly weak arguement.

This is not about trying to claim woman are broadly inferior to men. Personally I am just trying to reconcile the oft-stated concept of "im glad they (men) think I (woman) am bad at poker, it gives me an advantage" with the fact that women seem to win so few major events.. Oh no we are giving them an edge, I hope one of them doesn't get 14th place again... it just doesn't make sense.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:13 AM

You are right in one respect...but you presume that I am talking about the results of all women as compared to the results of all men - clearly there is a statistical analysis that states that there are not as many strong women as men, thus the reason the 5% female fields don't win 5% of the tourneys. I don't debate this at all. I have to agree that there is not as strong of a female field as a male field. I think this is a combination of two factors: 1. Aggression is required and women are not "taught" that this is a feminine quality and 2. It has been historically a man's game and I have often been the only woman at the table for 20 years.

Having these women's events with an estrogen screaming groups doesn't help the cause...women look at these as "fun" events...rather than a serious tourney they want to score serious money in. They are marketed with all kinds of frilly gimmicks...which I find very uninteresting

I am simply stating that I am happy to let you presume that I am not strong and am an easy read...I have been told otherwise at the table as I bust players out and have results I am very happy with, including a win at the Trump Classic event and recent cashes at the WSOP, a WSOP Circuit Event, Wynn Classic, Borgata Open...all within the last couple of years.

As I said before, just remember that you would be presumptous to pass such quick judgement and that in the midst of the typical players you think are weak (both male and female) there will be someone who is a complete surprise....like the millionaire who dresses like a slob.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This makes me smile - I debated even posting back because I really do love that you think we all suck...

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in the world in my post did you get that I was talking about women sucking at poker? Reading comprehension FTW. I said "player". I don't care if the player is male, female, or animal, chips are chips is what I said.