Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: So this is what its like to be a degenerate

[ QUOTE ]
read saucy's thread

[/ QUOTE ]

probably some similar answers to your problems here
Old 09-04-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Numbers. Give us Numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Graphs. Give us Numbers and Grafs.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:32 PM

That is a major weak spot in my poker upbringing, I have forever been a Mac man and therefore do not have the capabilities to run PT or graphs. I estimate I avg. about 500 hands a day (maybe lifetime....I dunno, 100k hands? I know, its too long of sample size. Like I said I am naturally impatient. This is a small sample from my last real limit session, like 600 hands. This was a good session.

% hands I see flop: 22
turn:15
river:13
showdown: 8

won PF/saw: 2
won flop: 3
won turn: 7
won river: 9
won showdown: 53

This was a pretty good day. There werent too many with that won @ showdown number.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:41 PM

Last year I did a whole assload of reading including SSHE, HE for Advanced Players, SuperSystem 2 etc. picked up TOP as well, but...the problem is simply that I am not a math oriented person. Or even a 'prisoner's dillema', game theory, type of person. I get it, mostly, and have a good frame for the game and when to make a certain play, I just cannot tell you how I calculated, say, fold equity for the hand. Backgammon and chess are both gay IMO, that's just the kind of personality I have. I have a good friend who posts here who is a good player, but the difference between us is this:

1) he is very driven
2) He is very very smart
3) He enjoys, and does for fun, mathematical, economic, statistical, and market based equations.
4) not BR management retarded.

Junior Year, this year, I played live for like 4 straight days before school started. Hollywood Park just tilts me, there is no other way to explain it. Only when I am playing something like 6/12 where they move us out of the purgatory/hell that is the main poker floor do I feel more comfortable. But when you're on hand cash is something like 800 bucks, thats severly underrolled.

Lifetime losses/gains? I'd guesstimate I'm down not that much, like 400-500. You can't be down that much when you don't deposit that much. I've deposited like a total of 4 times in my life, either through a transfer or neteller (oh back in the day...)