Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: call for EDF US Airways boycott (and other airline horror stories)

[ QUOTE ]
begin boycotting airlines for terrible experiences and your bus/train riding while increase shortly thereafter

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. You'll be like Rainman--Qantas, never had a bad experience with Qantas. Must fly Qantas.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i did get into an argument with her (after my bag was packed away), and i really regret not noticing this fact during the flight. it would've been a great burn.

[/ QUOTE ]

this line makes me thing she was not totally to blame
Old 08-31-2007, 03:44 PM

jetblue guys, jetblue.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This story is standard, and probably belongs in Flyer Talk

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2007, 05:19 PM

Charlotte is the worst airport in the entire US. I have NEVER had a flight leave on time there. The staff is a special breed of incompetent that can only be found in the born-and-raised Charlotte-ans who work there. (And I can insult the south, since I'm southern.) My family still lives in NC and I do anything I can to avoid Charlotte when I visit them. I pay for the more expensive, longer flight to raleigh, that involves a longer drive afterward to get home, JUST to avoid Charlotte, bc I am THAT CERTAIN I will be [censored] if I fly in or out of there. Bags lost and never found, [censored] up itineraries, and complete inability to do the jobs they are paid for.

Also, USelessAir [censored] sucks balls. I decided I would never ever again fly them after this last experience:

I'm tall and thin, so its bad enough that my knees are always killed by the person putting their seat down in front of me. But USAir also has no policies for people who **ahem** SHOULD be buying more than one seat. For themselves. I was catching a 7am flight out of Vegas to JFK. I had an appointment in NY and really couldn't afford to miss this flight to I made the decision to stay up through the night and definitely get to the airport on time, etc. I got there in plenty of time. I had made a reservation the night before, but had not paid for it yet since I don't have a credit card. (you guys know what its like when all you have is cash..) The person I made the reservation with over the phone told me I would pay the ticketing agent when I checked in, no problem. So I check in and I try to pay for my ticket. They "aren't set up for cash". WTF? If I didn't have a credit card to make the reservation with, why would I have one now? So I have to leave the line I just stood in for 20 minutes and go stand in another line for 20 minutes. This person doesn't have exact change. She doesn't know what to do. And looks at me like.. well? So I say [censored] it, and tell her to keep the [censored] change ($30), I have to make this flight. So now I have to run through mccarran, I stand in a security line with 7 people in it for another 20 minutes because they cant find a female security officer to do a bag check and we all have to wait behind this douche. So now I'm in serious jeopardy of missing my flight. They are calling my name as I am running to the gate.

Phew, I made it. I locate my seat on the completely booked plane. I'm pretty excited bc I have an exit row aisle seat. MONEY! I MUST sleep these 6 hours to be ready for my apppointment. I find my seat, and it is bad [censored] news. BAD. The window seat is asleep already, and the woman in the middle is MORBIDLY obese. I can only see half my chair.. The seat belt is buried under her. And the armrest between us is several inches behind her body and would be PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to put down between us. When I sat down, I literally wedged myself between her pressing thigh/stomach/arm and the unretractable armrest of the aisle. (and i am pretty [censored] small, width wise) I had no idea what the play here was.. I was too shocked and appalled to say anything to this woman. I ding-ed the stewardess and took her aside and said, look, I paid for a seat and clearly I dont have one, what is going to be done about this. She said the plane was full, there were no other seats I could move to otherwise she would move me, and she cant ask another passenger to put themself into a situation that would make them unhappy just so I could be happy. I asked about the policy of the airline on weight limits etc, and she responded there was none. Then she said we were taking off, there was nothing she could do, and I had to sit back down. Not even a sorry, that sucks. When I sat back down, I was pissed, but didn't know what to do so I decided to just try and go to sleep. I fell asleep, and then was woken up about an hour later by the fat woman saying she needed to go to the bathroom. Ugh, fine. I fall back asleep after she comes back, but not before noticing that they have procured for themselves 10 packets of cheez-its from the airline and a couple diet cokes. They proceed to wake me up every hour on the hour for 5 hours in a row to go to the bathroom.

I didn't sleep. I felt sick as [censored] at my appointment from lack of sleep. And when I called the airline to complain, they refused to reimburse me based on the fact that the airline has no policy in place for weight requirements for passengers. So basically I paid for a seat that someone else [censored] sat in.

[censored]!!!!!! whats worse than that?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

how many is many? you see what i'm saying right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i see what youre saying. but the smae applies for immigration if im taking a train. the only difference is ive never taken a train across the border and im not sure how much of a delay i should expect or even where i'd go through immigration.

the train also would have involved taking a bus from syracuse. all in all it would probalby have been a lot more than 8 hours... the numbers in my post are off by a lot im sure. i just remember that flyign should have been significantly faster.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:09 PM

There is a very good argument to be made that USAir is the worst major airline in the history of aviation.

Unfortunately there are horror stories on all the airlines nowadays, but USAir is consistently the worst in the world.

One word of advice to folks: if you fly a lot (> 25,000 miles/year), it makes a HUGE difference if you play the frequent flier game. Pick an airline that makes sense given your location (NOT USAir, but the other major US carriers are all basically OK), and stick with it or its partners. You can generally do this without paying much more for airfares if you are careful. You will soon get status in their frequent flier program, after which you will be treated MUCH better.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:01 PM

First, that's a pretty retarded itinerary, flying through Philly to get to Ithaca from Toronto... but, whatever.

Second, if the flight before yours to where you're going is delayed -- try to get on that one. Don't wait for yours if you don't have to.

But yeah, that sounds pretty [censored].

-d
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 PM

In cases where you may know that you have a large carry-on, try to avoid smaller capacity (100 seats or less, I'd guess) planes -- and pony up for the non-stop if you were worried about damaging your property, there's a lot more chance that you'll damage it by taking it on and off planes and through a couple airports than anything else.

Also, FedEx.

-d
Old 08-31-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know a lot of flight attendants, and they are probably the most nitty customer service workers in the world

absolutely catty and terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely the truth.

-d