Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Americans are so silly they must be insane.

I don't have more money then I should, I am 25.

I also cannot fault anyone that goes to college and gets a good career through hard work. If you work hard, you should be rewarded for that.

However, you shouldn't have to work so [censored] hard to just make ends meet. I know you are at present trying to make as much money as you can, so thats why you are saying this. Wouldn't you like to have as few hinderances as possible?

Right now, I think the deck is stacked against most of us. Or you can take a more cynical view and say that the government wants you to achieve a certain level of success, so you will keep your [censored] mouth shut.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, you want the people that have already gained the power and money to make it easier for you by giving what they have away. If you think less taxes for the rich is wrong, than become rich and powerful and try to get them changed, dont bitch about it, and feel that you are entitled to anything. and seriously, walking down a wind tunnel? on a site with a bunch of 20 something year olds who have more money than they should, that is kind of laughable

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said I wanted them to give it away? I just want them to stop taking larger and larger chunks just because they can. The economy can't sustain itself if the people in the middle of it can't afford to consume anything because the money keeps flowing to the top. We're basically taking our money out of circulation, giving our jobs away, and then still buying things we can't afford ON CREDIT.

I'm a 30 year old buisness owner, trust me, I know all about what's actually going on "in the trenches" of the american economy. And it's not good.

Ironically, poker is one of the easiest ways to make a lot of money very fast. As long as the US market has access to the rest of the world, poker players will do very well when the [censored] hits the fan. Ironic, isn't it?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And every 4 years, those silly Americans debate on who they are going to fix it......

And.....they choose another politician.

[/ QUOTE ]
What other choice do they have?

I keep hearing candidates talk about "Americans stepping up" and making change possible. I don't understand what it is that Joe and Jane Q. Taxpayer could realistically do to change the political landscape at all. Vote for [whoever]? Give me a break. The most qualified leaders in America are off making 8 figures as CEOs, not running for public office.

Democracy seems to be rigged against sweeping changes since every moron and their brother gets to vote. The people who get elected either squander the opportunity or get handcuffed because everyone gets a chance to talk. That is how you get taxpayer money going towards making sure people's underwear isn't showing.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:41 PM

We had a Ron Paul of sorts in Carter

Huh??? Carter was a big government, nanny state, tax and spend liberal. Ron Paul would do everything in his power to eliminate the income tax and replace it with nothing.

I can't think of 2 people more dissimilar than Carter and Paul.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And every 4 years, those silly Americans debate on who they are going to fix it......

And.....they choose another politician.

INSANITY: Attempting the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are trying, by picking people who only recently became politicains, but spent most of their lives in a "real" occupation.

In fact our current president had the shortest pre-Presidential political career since Eisenhower, only 6 years as governor.

[/ QUOTE ]

"You know I could run for governor but I'm basically a media creation. I've never done anything. I've worked for my dad. I worked in the oil business. But that's not the kind of profile you have to have to get elected to public office." - George W. Bush 1989
Old 08-29-2007, 04:55 PM

that quote is far too intelligent to come from the man who is currently president.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have more money then I should, I am 25.

I also cannot fault anyone that goes to college and gets a good career through hard work. If you work hard, you should be rewarded for that.

However, you shouldn't have to work so [censored] hard to just make ends meet. I know you are at present trying to make as much money as you can, so thats why you are saying this. Wouldn't you like to have as few hinderances as possible?

Right now, I think the deck is stacked against most of us. Or you can take a more cynical view and say that the government wants you to achieve a certain level of success, so you will keep your [censored] mouth shut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im at a fundamental disagreement that you have to work extremely hard to make ends meet, depending on what "ends" you mean though. but its pretty damn easy for 1 person to support themselves in this country, if you are actually willing to work.

I do have as few hinderances as possible, I know tax laws, I know how to get around them, I know how to hustle my ass off for a good deal, and I know how to make the most out of what I have. And most importantly I know how to protect it all.

eg:

oddly enough, and this is a huge brag, i negotiated a deal on a 500k property for my new business. I ran a cross an acquaintence who needed some capital to keep his business going, he had a 10k sq ft place, divided into 1/2 office space, and 1/2 warehouse space, I only need office space, he still needs the warehousespace. I offered him 475k, with a hold back that he is keeping in an interest bearing account, and Im renting his warehouse space back to him for the total of the note per month (about 3500), for 2 years. I am getting 2 FREE years of office space, not to mention the value it will add to the property if we decide to sell it after the 2 years (doubtful).

making. money. in. this. country. is. trivially. easy.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 PM

"making. money. in. this. country. is. trivially. easy."

If. You. Have. 475K.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"making. money. in. this. country. is. trivially. easy."

If. You. Have. 475K.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have 475k.

Edit: Im borrowing most of it, under the auspice that if the biz fails, Ill pretty much know within the first year, and have enough float if unable to sell the property the 2nd year.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:53 PM

Hope it works out, then.